Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Hi Sander. Just checked my order R868443350 status and my Ultimaker 2 has not been shipped yet.

I understand that my order was scheduled to be sent early this week (based on your past response). At this moment (thursday november 7, 7:07 pm your time zone), my order appears READY but not SHIPPED.

What happened this time?

I was one of the first to buy the U2 on september the 20th. This is frustrating!!!

Cesar

It's the same for me. I also ordered and paid my UM2 on 20th of September (order no.: R803175646) and have the state of my order still set to "Complete", "Paid" and "Ready" and no shipment notification yet.

So i opened a support ticket to sales yesterday to aks, when i can expect my order to ship. I haven't got an answer yet, but i'm hoping that Ultimaker is working harder on their support side of things and i will have some insight today.

Best regards

Neni

I find it rather strange that orders placed within the first days of the launch has still not shipped. I order ordered on the 22th and it has also not shipped.

Cannot Ultimaker give us a list of orders with order numbers and then we (the paying customers) can see where in the queue we are.

Ordered 20 september first thing in the morning (the new site was just online) .... You would expect mine was on the first truck...well, no I'm still waiting and really loosing patience with these guys !

Yeah!

Just shipped 10 Minutes ago:

Dear Customer,

Your order has been shipped

============================================================

Shipment Summary

9015 PLA Silver-Metallic PLA Silver-Metallic

9013 PLA Green PLA Green

9021 PLA Orange PLA Orange

ultimaker-2-eu Ultimaker 2 Power cord: EU

9025 PLA Red PLA Red

9016 PLA White PLA White

9018 PLA Blue-Translucent PLA Blue-Translucent

9019 ABS Black ABS Black

I ordered on the 20th of September at around 14:00 (CEST). They must have a real long order list and I belief many of us tried to be the first in the row.

It was hard waiting that long but now I'm more than happy to be able to print very soon. :grin:

This is a hot piece of kit made by a great company.... they have such an amazing overall reputaton that they were flooded with orders on day one... 99% of us know that this company is still growing and breaking their backs to get orders out ASAP... I know personnaly that they are taking no chances and checking every detail of every printer before it goes out... so the quality is as good or better as one of the big retail brands..

all i can say.. everyone take a chill pill.. your getting something amazing.. that sometimes takes time !!!

if you want cheap and nasty and fast, then go to your local big electronics store... im sure they will pawn you off with a piece of dirt like the Fabbster here in Germany !

Ian :-)

Ohoooo !!! 10 minutes after my preveous post today I got an email that it's finally shipped. Let's smile again ;-)

Greetz,

Christian

Congratulations everybody!

Hi everybody who's waiting... You've already found your way onto the forums, so that's really great.

If knowing that people are working over-time at Ultimaker to get you the UM2 isn't enough... and if you want to get the best start you can have, it makes sense to already download http://software.ultimaker.com/, look at our beautiful https://www.ultimaker.com/spree/uploads/31/original/um2-manual.pdf (it will also be in included in the box) and perhaps have a look at things to print or design on https://www.youmagine.com... Nothing is cooler than printing something you designed yourself, even if it is something really simple (my humble opinion).

Thanks a lot for your patience!!

Yes absolutely , all i can say is also to not loose patience. They're really trying everything to keep on track i think. And if you ask politely about the state of your order, they will surely try hard to give you all the info and help you out. At least for me that was the case.

I got an answer to my support ticket today, that my order will ship today evening :).

And just half an hour ago i got my shipment notification from logistics, so i should get my UM2 early next week :D.

So don't loose faith, everything will be illuminated ;).

Best regards

Neni

The manual - finally. Thanks Erik.

The manual - finally. Thanks Erik.

And the printer.....finally... Lolol

Hello,

Based on your schedule, those who ordered September 20 have a week late! Which certainly implying that ourselves that we ordered one month later could not be delivered to the written date in the calendar.

That which increased the stress for us and that bothers me a little that I have seen then leave me.

Thank you for giving us a more accurate schedule and taking the delay.

Congratulations to those who will receive "finally" their machine. Ourselves look and afraid to not be present for his reception.

Alex.

I notice on the user manual it doesn't come with a SD card.. What name brand SD card should I go for and what do I look for like fat 16 format, under 2 gigs max??? what is recommended thank you...

I think they forgot to include it in the content list but it states on page 22 that it comes with a card.

Did you get a tracking number? I have none...

Did you get a tracking number? I have none...

Me too i call dhl and theirs give me the tracking number ,its here on monday morning!!!

DHL is not available on Saturday, so nobody to ask. I'll wait and see if I will be surprised on Monday... :)

You can call your local dhl i call to dhl spain and theirs made the same trackin info and language, also i really think last week theirs send a lot of printers and maybe when the web its updated with tracking number someones its allready delivered.

Or just take a stroll outside. It won't arrive faster with a tracking number.

/He can say as Ultimaker has not shipped his UM2 yet ;)

To track your package without a tracking number, go here: http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

For "Shipper´s Reference" put in your order number which should look like something along these lines: "R123456789".

Select a time frame that matches when your order was shipped and finally click on "Track".

We are working very hard on scaling up the production department. With our current resources the lead time will be as stated above. When the up-scaling can be implemented in the actual production process you will see the lead time decreasing, so it can/will only get better. Hopefully that is a consolation for some.

Ok.

Another week is gone.

Now it's time to update the list with new dates.

Yes...I really wanna know the actual delivery dates!

It seems like a lot of very happy people got their Ultimakers today in the post with DHL...

including little old me.... YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think the ultimaker guys are just getting more and more into the swing of things every day.. every day faster and better... seems like a lot of people are now getting their beautiful ultimaker 2s in the post :-)

Ian :-)