Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Guess not.... its exactly 10 Weeks now since i ordered my Ultimaker 2......

Hi Pirax,

Could you send me your order number?

Thank you!

Guess not.... its exactly 10 Weeks now since i ordered my Ultimaker 2......

It will be 10 weeks for me too this thursday, Tho I saw some people on the forum that ordered after us and got theirs after 6-7 weeks.

6 weeks in my case. I received it the 2nd of May

Im about to start the 6th week from my order. Honestly, I was hoping the lead time had improved down to the 6 to 7 week lead time.

I've been talking about the printer so much I now have a few other people very interested in checking out my Ultimaker2 when I get it.

Im about to start the 6th week from my order. Honestly, I was hoping the lead time had improved down to the 6 to 7 week lead time.

I've been talking about the printer so much I now have a few other people very interested in checking out my Ultimaker2 when I get it.

I am very satisfied... and probably you will... just be patient.

I´m pretty satisfied with the printer, but Ultimaker support, on the other hand, is not doing so well...

My order still hasn´t been completed after a month (3 spools missing) that I received the printer, and support is taking a long time (4 days by now) to even answer an e-mail or PM from the forum...

I expected more.

Finally received the shipping notification today for my february 27 order, thanks to sander :)

UM2 arrivied today. Order Date Feb. 25th. Testprint is running

Anyone else had trouble with the customs?

Mine arrived at the custom last thursday and it's been stucked there since :/.

Keep telling me it's gonna get release everyday but still waiting, what a pain.

Anyone else had trouble with the customs?

Mine arrived at the custom last thursday and it's been stucked there since :/.

Keep telling me it's gonna get release everyday but still waiting, what a pain.

I remember reading somewhere in this thread that (US) Customs had a problem with the power cord being listed at $0 and they wanted an actual price (to calculate tax).

I'm under a week away from the 8 week mark. Hoping everyday to see that email telling me that my Ultimaker2 has shipped.

This is getting pretty frustrating, shipment left on the 6, arrived in Canada on the 8th and it's been stuck there since. (6days and counting)

They called me on the 8th had to fill up a ''power of attorney'' form and had to let them handle the custom clearance for me (so had to pay some fees, of course)

No news so on monday I called them back, the form got lost, send it to them again right away.

called back today, told me the package would get release today (been saying that to me since last friday)

I'm starting to get really mad, plus I saw there will be 465$ fees of taxes-handling etc.

This is a nightmare, wondering if I'll have my printer by the end of the year...!

I remember reading somewhere in this thread that (US) Customs had a problem with the power cord being listed at $0 and they wanted an actual price (to calculate tax).

I'm under a week away from the 8 week mark. Hoping everyday to see that email telling me that my Ultimaker2 has shipped.

I noticed today that the lead time is now listed at 6 to 8 weeks.

https://www.ultimaker.com/pages/our-printers/ultimaker-2

lead time is now listed at 6 to 8 weeks.

That's for people who order today. People who ordered 6 weeks ago aren't necessarily getting theirs shipped today. I assume.

Just got mine today after 12 weeks!

It got shipped 2 days before my 10th week of waiting, but got a lot of trouble with DHL at the customs here in Canada.

So glad to finally start printing!

That's for people who order today. People who ordered 6 weeks ago aren't necessarily getting theirs shipped today. I assume.

Indeed, but I was posting for anyone that may be watching this thread and waiting to place an order. I watched this thread for some time before placing my order.

For those waiting for their order to ship ...I placed my order (UM2 + 4 filaments) on April 9th and it has shipped today, a few days short of 8 weeks....hopefully I'll be running my first print by the end of the week :-)

Thanks Ultimaker!

For those waiting for their order to ship ...I placed my order (UM2 + 4 filaments) on April 9th and it has shipped today, a few days short of 8 weeks....hopefully I'll be running my first print by the end of the week :smile:

Thanks Ultimaker!

Welcome! :)

Let us know what you will be making!

In the U.S., Makershed.com has the UM2 back in stock again for immediate shipment.

Ok I was notified my printer shipped the other day " I live in FL USA" and this morning I got a call from a guy saying I needed to send him a 5106 form because the printer is valued over $2500.00. Is this legit as It has a spot for my social security number and i'm leary giving that out with my address. Thats a ID thief wet dream and it worries me. Did anyone else go through this?

Yes. That's a common problem. It seems to vary depending on the exchange rates and maybe sometimes customs misses certain items but it seems like about 1/3 of the people in USA have to do this. Should be in the $100 to $200 cost range. They won't release it until you pay.

Yes. That's a common problem. It seems to vary depending on the exchange rates and maybe sometimes customs misses certain items but it seems like about 1/3 of the people in USA have to do this. Should be in the $100 to $200 cost range. They won't release it until you pay.

That kills any future direct orders for me.......I ordered direct from UM after makershed raised it's prices thinking I would save the $300.00 but the extra hassel, wait, and money makes makershed a better option........well when the printer is in stock that is.

FYI my order date was 5-5-14 so it only took a 4 weeks to get a shipment email for those watching the lead times. This was a huge surprise for me! I can't wait to print

I'm not sure that there will necessarily be any duties to pay; the requirement to register as an importer for paperwork purposes on higher value shipments doesn't necessarily mean you have to pay. There might be a nominal paperwork charge for having the carrier complete the customs formalities, but that shouldn't be too much.

If you do indeed, get hit with duties and fees, please let us know.

yeeees I finally got it! for the first time in the far north Russia new 3D printer!

Ok update on my printer.......It was held due to the power cord not having a value and that the invoice was not in US currency along with the guy who handled my 5106 form did not make sure it went through.

On a constructive note.....

ULTIMAKER TEAM

The power cord 0.00 price needs to be changed to 1.00 and the printer reduced by 1.00 this way you keep your inventory strait and remove the issue for future shippments. Also a currency selector option on the shopping cart check out would be great.

I hope to never see another person have the power cord value issue on orders shipped after next week as this is not the first time UM has been informed about it causing delays. Yes I'm disapointed my printer is not here but thats life and it did ship sooner then I thought it would, however you can use my experience to prevent future customers the trouble and that would be great. I wont be mad unless I hear about this being an issue again then my faith will be lost because it's a easy fix.

You have a good product that is in demand and I hope you can get things running smooth for all.