Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Just wanted to let people know,

If you are in the Quebec province (Canada) the taxes and duties are quite high, I payed 460$CAD so do not let yourself get surprised :)

• Replies 588
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok update on my printer.......It was held due to the power cord not having a value and that the invoice was not in US currency along with the guy who handled my 5106 form did not make sure it went through.

On a constructive note.....

ULTIMAKER TEAM

The power cord 0.00 price needs to be changed to 1.00 and the printer reduced by 1.00 this way you keep your inventory strait and remove the issue for future shippments. Also a currency selector option on the shopping cart check out would be great.

I hope to never see another person have the power cord value issue on orders shipped after next week as this is not the first time UM has been informed about it causing delays. Yes I'm disapointed my printer is not here but thats life and it did ship sooner then I thought it would, however you can use my experience to prevent future customers the trouble and that would be great. I wont be mad unless I hear about this being an issue again then my faith will be lost because it's a easy fix.

You have a good product that is in demand and I hope you can get things running smooth for all.

>>>>>

Would you mind sharing what it cost above the list price and currency exchange to get the UM2 to you?

Thanks

Last update.......I got my printer Monday morning with no extra duties or tax charge. The main hang up was the 5106 form and power cable $0.00 value. This hung me up for 3 days due to it being a Friday delivery. Fedex delivers on Saturday but the airport shipping department that feeds Fedex does not operate on Saturday so the printer stayed in the hanger untill Monday morning. The box was a little roughed up but with the great pack job by the UM team the printer was in perfect condition.

I'd like to thank UM for building a great product but really want to thank who ever tuned my printer. The test print that came with my UM2 was a little rough and made me think I would be spending a good amount of time tuning. However this was far from being true. I'm a c-5 quadriplegic with zero finger dexterity and was able to insert the build plate, level the bed and without anything done to the glass, the very first calibration print came out flawless at 100 microns, 50mm/s, bed 75c, hotend 210c, room 84-f, fans 100%, UM gold PLA. And wow did it stick to the bed I will be making a razor blade scraper to free future prints.

This truely was a turn key setup and I couldn't be more excited. I have my first real prints going now and 4 hours in they look great. I will see how they finish but I'm confident they will be fine. I'll get pic's soon

Last update.......I got my printer Monday morning with no extra duties or tax charge. The main hang up was the 5106 form and power cable $0.00 value. This hung me up for 3 days due to it being a Friday delivery. Fedex delivers on Saturday but the airport shipping department that feeds Fedex does not operate on Saturday so the printer stayed in the hanger untill Monday morning. The box was a little roughed up but with the great pack job by the UM team the printer was in perfect condition.

I'd like to thank UM for building a great product but really want to thank who ever tuned my printer. The test print that came with my UM2 was a little rough and made me think I would be spending a good amount of time tuning. However this was far from being true. I'm a c-5 quadriplegic with zero finger dexterity and was able to insert the build plate, level the bed and without anything done to the glass, the very first calibration print came out flawless at 100 microns, 50mm/s, bed 75c, hotend 210c, room 84-f, fans 100%, UM gold PLA. And wow did it stick to the bed I will be making a razor blade scraper to free future prints.

This truely was a turn key setup and I couldn't be more excited. I have my first real prints going now and 4 hours in they look great. I will see how they finish but I'm confident they will be fine. I'll get pic's soon

assuming you dont use glue (I never did) you don't need the scraper for print removal, just let the bed cool off long enough ( +- 10 minutes after you machine says the cooling is done) and your print will be loose.

the scraper can come in handy though to clean the glas ...

Just an FYI. I place my order on May 15th and received shipment update on June 13. Now it is stuck in customs from the 15th due to the cord being $0 and form 5106. Please change the price on the cord. Waiting patiently from customs to release my order. :-P

Hi Pedro,

The description of the power cord should be: 'Power Cable UK Type C6 (Included in Printer price)'

Because it is included in the printer price it shouldn't cause any problems.

Our apologies for the extra delay, I hope it gets released soon!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do :)

Unfortunately it only says "cable-us Cable (Power cord: US)". I am not holding a grudge so no worries.

Hi Pedro,

I have just been told that indeed the description has disappeared from the invoice..

I guess my previous comment was true when I said: 'The description of the power cord should be:'

Let me know when it is being released and if you need any further help.

I will see to have the description changed again. (I think it was some kind of automatic reset in the invoice generator or so..)

Finally got my order released. Unfortunately I'm out of the country and won't be home till till August. Boooo

One more update, as I just got a bill from Fedex for duty fees and some sort of advancement charge 2 weeks after I accepted the printer. This is disapointing however the amount was low, $32.00 but still 2 weeks later I get a bill I can't contest because I already accepted the package is bogus. I should have been told before I agreed to accept the package but this is a fedex issue not UM. I just want to warn others. I would have agreed to pay it up front I'm just bothered by how Fedex handled it..

As for the printer, it still prints however the feeder is joining the slipping club after only 1 full spool of printing causing under extrusion. I also am getting ABS particles in my prints from the feeder case wearing already. "The filament has only been changed once with quality filament from Protoparidime." This printer has only ever printed PLA gold and orange and I now see dark black stringy blemishes in some prints and had to removed one clog with a wire poked into the nozel. It is clearly ABS intrusion as the black doesnt stick to the PLA it melts out a strand and drags it around untill the PLA pushes it all out. I didn't have this ABS issue untill I did the filament change. I think that when the feeder reverses the filament the rough edge left by the drive gear acts like a file on the case.

I also recomend all new buyers go through and check all the screws to make sure they are tight as my machine had the screws back out that support the z axis lead screw nut along with a few other loose screws. Also the LED strips started falling down allowing the wires to rub the axis pullys almost cutting through the wire insulation. Both were simple to fix and should be checked every few prints as basic maitnence.

It's a nice machine but is lacking in places that I know are being worked on and hope a viable solution comes soon. For now I just have to print super slow.

If you are on the fence, I say if you can wait for the bugs to be worked out then wait untill they fix the issues. Then it will be a solid machine. But if you want a printer now and don't want to wait and don't mind fixing issues with a brand new machine then get one now. There are printable feeder housings that may help untill UM produces a fix.

Hi Renthal,

Thank you for your message.

Maybe it is not ABS that you see coming through your nozzle, I am thinking maybe it is carbonized PLA?

At what temperatures are you printing?

You may benefit from doing a 'Atomic Method'-fix.

Details can be found here: https://www.ultimaker.com/spree/uploads/113/original/Ultimaker_2_Atomic_Method.pdf

Good luck! :)

Hi Renthal,

Maybe it is not ABS that you see coming through your nozzle, I am thinking maybe it is carbonized PLA?

Details can be found here: https://www.ultimaker.com/spree/uploads/113/original/Ultimaker_2_Atomic_Method.pdf

Hi Renthal,

I've been printing at 220-225c, 200 microns, 40mm/s bed 60c. room 80 degrees F. I saved a strand that I pulled from the hot end and I guess an easy way to see if it is ABS is get some acetone and drop it in and see if it melts.

Is the current shipping time correct for the UM2 at 5 business days? I am planning on ordering another one since the wife wants to keep the first one. haha