Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

'SavervG's comment of Nov 26 says nothing to anyone ordering after Oct 30, and in some ways is rather insulting to the end user -

I feel that saying; 'We can not ship your order based on schedule, but I do not know when it will..' would be even a worse message to communicate.

Worse message than what? Saying absolutely nothing until it's finished? '

- Worse than communicating 'I can not ship your Ultimaker now, but I also don't know when I cán ship it out'.

In my eyes that would be a worse message to communicate, and I chose not to go down that road. But communicate when I had something practical to say.

I choose to calculate a schedule based on our current resources and the hick ups we had to digest.

With the scaling up that we are doing I am expecting to catch up on the lead time and at some point catch up on the original schedule I wrote. But right now this is estimating so like I posted on the forum I will contact those whose order is delayed from the schedule on page 1. And if you do not hear from me, you can consider that schedule to be true.

If you want to have a specific update and/or estimation please feel free to contact me or our sales team and we will do our best to help you out and give you the information you need.

• Replies 588
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that I communicate my subsequent concerns in this way.

Sorry, but on 12/03/2013 I lose my buyer protection from PayPal. Overall, I then waited 45 days. I need to open a case with PayPal, so I have buyer protection even after this period. I will not withdraw from the purchase, but this step is necessary so that I easily get my money back in the unlikely case of a problem.

Although I have a payment confirmation from PayPal, but from Ultimaker I've still no individual order confirmation. In my Ultimaker account I see an order summary with order number, which is not enough for my taste. What if these data are, for example, changed by an attacker or even deleted? I need a printable document for my personal records.

Maybe I 'm a little too scared ... So a puzzling purchase I've never experienced. Contains later the delivered order an invoice?

Hi Mnis,

Thank you for your post.

I will sent you a PM with some details in regard of your order.

SanderG can you please check my order, I was hoping it would come in this week???

They are selling Ultimaker 2 at MakerShed in the U.S. for $2,599.00

http://www.makershed.com/Ultimaker_2_3D_Printer_p/mkum3.htm

Not really - just preparing:

Availability: Currently Unavailable

The will have to wait until all the pre-orders fulfilled.

It is what it is and that's good as it is :smile:

Not really - just preparing:

Availability: Currently Unavailable

This changed sometime this morning. I just checked again and now shows:

• Availability: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Business Days

Shipping across country to NW Pennsylvania:

• Ground (Home Delivery) $29.32

• 3-Day $50.97

• 2-Day $92.03

• Overnight $103.14

This changed sometime this morning. I just checked again and now shows:

• Availability: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Business Days

Shipping across country to NW Pennsylvania:

• Ground (Home Delivery) $29.32

• 3-Day $50.97

• 2-Day $92.03

• Overnight $103.14

I just called MakerSHED; I didn't believe the dates. At the time I called they had 27 units IN STOCK (as in he could see the boxes in front of him), 26 now that I've placed my order through them and requested a cancellation of my late-October order through Ultimaker directly.

Bonus in addition to getting it in-hand earlier; I saved around $150USD, even with overnight shipping.

I just called MakerSHED; I didn't believe the dates. At the time I called they had 27 units IN STOCK (as in he could see the boxes in front of him), 26 now that I've placed my order through them and requested a cancellation of my late-October order through Ultimaker directly.

Bonus in addition to getting it in-hand earlier; I saved around $150USD, even with overnight shipping.

Did you have to pay an extra charge to your credit card or paypal for an international transaction? Mine was $80. Are you going to lose that, possibly both ways, by cancelling and receiving a refund? I'd like to cancel mine and order from Makershed via overnight, but I'm afraid of getting either both or neither! I called Makershed around 12:30pm EST, and they had 30 in stock. It sounds like they are going fast! Thanks!

Also, you mentioned saving 150USD. Are there some hidden duties / fees that I'll be charged that I'm unaware of? I ask because I thought I'd be within 20USD with opting for overnight delivery.

Did you have to pay an extra charge to your credit card or paypal for an international transaction? Mine was $80. Are you going to lose that, possibly both ways, by cancelling and receiving a refund? I'd like to cancel mine and order from Makershed via overnight, but I'm afraid of getting either both or neither! I called Makershed around 12:30pm EST, and they had 30 in stock. It sounds like they are going fast! Thanks!

My order through Ultimaker didn't have any transaction fees, just the conversion adjustment from USD to EUR. This may have been because I used my American Express which has some very generous international policies. They are going rather fast; my call to MakerSHED was the 3rd or 4th my rep had gotten in an hour.

Also, you mentioned saving 150USD. Are there some hidden duties / fees that I'll be charged that I'm unaware of? I ask because I thought I'd be within 20USD with opting for overnight delivery.

My shipping was less than what you calculated since I'm apparently closer to where it's shipping from. I'm also shipping it to my work, and business shipping is always less expensive than residential shipping. I also bought through Ultimaker at a time where the EUR/USD conversion rate was at it's worst, so I spent more USD to get the same EUR. The three of those combined made up the savings (assuming that the refund is for the USD I paid and not the EUR I paid).

I've been waiting for over a month now and seeing MakerShed has it in stock and so far ready to ship, kinda pisses me off but than again it allow Ultimaker to fix some issues with the machine and some bugs in cura before I get mine. To think of it if I cancel my order and by the time PayPal clears my payment, MakerShed with my luck it would be out of stock and I have to wait longer.... LOL thats just great! :cry: Will I come this far, I don't want to get in the back of the line..

SanderG can you please check my order, I was hoping it would come in this week??? :twisted:

MakerShed 26 in stock how much do they have now?? :O

I've been waiting for over a month now and seeing MakerShed has it in stock and so far ready to ship, kinda pisses me off but than again it allow Ultimaker to fix some issues with the machine and some bugs in cura before I get mine. To think of it if I cancel my order and by the time PayPal clears my payment, MakerShed with my luck it would be out of stock and I have to wait longer.... LOL thats just great! :cry: Will I come this far, I don't want to get in the back of the line..

SanderG can you please check my order, I was hoping it would come in this week??? :twisted:

MakerShed 26 in stock how much do they have now?? :O

I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about losing my spot in line with Ultimaker simply b/c I saw the potential for a faster order through MakerShed, and ending up without one until 2014.

While I understand your frustration with very long lead times (this is the 6th week after placing my order), I've kinda come to peace with it since I know that everyone at Ultimaker is working their bums off to get through this initial heap of orders. And in the end, even a long wait time is better than buying a MakerBot and succumbing to their not-so-nice Stratasys corporate practices. I'm very lucky that I have the ability to order the one from MakerShed without first getting the refund from Ultimaker. And just think, everyone who drops their direct order to defect to MakerShed means you're that many more units closer to yours. :smile:

Any update on shipment schedule?

I've ordered my UM2 on 28th October and there is no sign of shipment yet.

I ordered mine on the 4th Oct and I'm expecting it next week, so you will still have to wait a little longer.

Dear Mr Sander,

Your posted a schedule, your support people write nice tickets telling about the demand issues, machine qualities, everything to convince me not to cancel my order, etc,etc BUT….apparently, it is only easy talking..

The delivery schedule that you posted and two other tickets I received confirming the shipment of my order #R576055765 on week 49th (Monday and Tuesday.., SIC) was, again (remember the two week delivery…), NOT TRUE!

I already tried to reply the support ticket but had no answer….therefore, I am posting this comment.

Mr Sander, when do you plan to send my Ultimaker2? It is already paid and was very expensive!!

Thanks,

Mario

Dear Mario,

Thank you for your post.

I see you are already aware of some of the difficulties we have been experiencing with the Ultimaker 2 that created some additional delay. That is good. I am sorry you have not heard back from us sooner.

I would like to add that you have been in touch with my 2 of my colleagues before, and they only have not replied to the ticket you sent yesterday late afternoon.

You, and some other customers, will receive an email later on today (I am writing it right now), explaining about the current situation and a new lead time.

We have experienced some difficulties that prevented us from sticking to the original schedule.

I have been contacting customers about the changed situation, but as you may understand I have waited with this

until I knew what the new shipping schedule would be. If I want to give people new information, it is important to have some new information to share.

I am sorry if this delay, and communication, has caused inconvenience for you.

We do our very best to get back with everyone asap and sent out all the Ultimaker's even faster.

If you have some more patience you should receive an email from me within an hour or so.

Thank you for understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me

Hi Alex,

If you want I can give you an update about your shipping schedule.

Could you sent me a PM with your ordernumber?

Thank you!

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Alex

Dear Mr. Sander,

thanks for the prompt answer. I recieved your email.

Just correcting that my message to your support team was sent on dec 4th and not yesterday afternoon.

I am looking forward to recieve my order in the deadline you mentioned in the email, I hope you can solve the difficulties you are facing ASAP.

Best regards,

Mario

I am very curious on what issues there are with the current UM2 manufacturing. Is it missing/broken parts or is the design of the machine being changed somehow?

They received a batch of timing belts that were the wrong size.

WoofysPlace you waited just about 2 MONTHSSS for yours and Ultimaker hasn't shipped it yet? :blink:

Yes, but with luck - next week I'll have it.

Anyway there's nothing else big enough that I'd swap it for, and I looked a lot before ordering the UM2.