Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

I ordered on November 6th and am still waiting for it to be shipped. It was scheduled for last week, but I got notified that there was a bit of a delay again. Hopefully the wait is almost over :-)

One month of waiting...done. One month to go!

(any chance of an expected ship date for my order?)

Your order is scheduled for week 7, which is exactly 1 month after your post.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

I ordered on November 6th and am still waiting for it to be shipped. It was scheduled for last week, but I got notified that there was a bit of a delay again. Hopefully the wait is almost over :smile:

Your order will be shipped today at the latest, thank you for understanding!

Your order will be shipped today at the latest, thank you for understanding!

Great. Looking forward to it!

No matter what the answer is, you have to have some confidence that the answer is right. While I would fault Ultimaker for being unrealistically optimistic about their ability to clear backlog and try to obfuscate what the backlog is, I haven't seen a documented out-right lie (yet). My suspicion is that they didn't properly account for the xmas/new years slowdown and there may also have been a blip in the number of orders which caused them to revise the lead time from 6-8 (realistically 8-10) to 8-10 (I'll leave it to you to figure out what the realistic wait time is).

Here's how you can piece together what it is going to be. Look around for how long people say it took them to get one (I would suggest as a service to readers that people reading this should post the order date and when the order was shipped so that other people can have a feeling on how long a realistic wait is). As of this post, they seem to be working on orders in the early November time frame. Then grub around for people who post what the answer to their lead time query were. Just saw something with a Nov 20 with a quote for 1st week in Feb ( almost 11 weeks ).

Now, this period is somewhat tricky because of the anomaly that the xmas/new years period induces. On the good(?) side, you'll have people like me that's tired of the shenanigans and drop out (well, trying to, anyway), and there's no scheduled Dutch holidays for the near future, so if there was ever a time they would make progress on their backlog, it would be in this period. However, and I said this before, there is no reason to believe your order would be fulfilled sooner than the what you see people currently getting. That is, if you were quoted 8, and people are saying they have waited 10 weeks, don't expect that 8 week estimate is accurate until you see someone saying they got one in less than 10 weeks.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your post.

First things first, you mentioned you are trying to get out?

Your order was send yesterday.

I will contact you through a PM to find an appropriate solution for this, if you still feel that you want to cancel your order.

The current lead time now fluctuates between 8-9/9.5 weeks, and may vary between this week and next week.

This depends on the amount of machines we are capable of sending out every week and how many orders came in during that period of time (when orders were placed).

My apologies if it looks like I/we are not responsive but a lot of the requests are send to me as a PM, and that is where I also answer to a lot of people. And also here on the forums I intend to be as responsive as possible.

If there are any further questions, from anyone, please feel free to ask :)

I'm guessing that the lead time will decrease once you guys find the right person you seek in the jobs section :)

By the way i was wondering how many UM2 are you producing and sending every week?

I think that Ultimaker is a victim of it's success, a lot of patience is maybe the price to pay to have a great product?

I understand the question and why you ask, but I don't think I am entitled to share that information.

As I clicked on 'post' I realised that it was the type of information that is best kept secret ;) no problem

I guess you guys must be under a lot of pressure with the delay issue it must be hard to satisfy everybody

It is a difficult time because yesterday is always better then today. (never fast enough).

But so far most people have proven to be very understanding and patient. For this I want to thank our community, another reason why you guys are so great! :)

Unfortunately, yes...it's a bit like sales tax; this is a tax on top of the original transaction that is imposed by the US Government that the purchaser is responsible for paying. It's pretty much standard on any international shipping transaction that the recipient is responsible for such fees.

Yes I received my UM2 last week, it is a Customs Duty Invoice and the due date is the 15th I have to Pay for this I thought Ultimaker would?

So I have to Pay A Total Amount for the Ultimaker 2 $89.15 + $47.02 = $136.17 for shipping and Customs Duty to U.S. ???

@Vinay

We are still patiently waiting on our UM2 to arrive in Indiana, we ordered 11/15 and Sander said we should receive our machine next week, just wondering what your order and delivery dates were as you also ordered from USA.

Thanks

talking about tax charges.. to be honest it works in the other direction as well.

When ever I have purchased something on american ebay and got it shipped over to germany.. the second those german tax post inspectors sees an american stamp.. they lick their lips and send me a not so polite letter inviting me to talk to them.. pay to open my box with their knife and spend the next 15 minutes of my life explaining my purcase to them and then finally to top off the romantic meeting... paying them a very large fee for the whole pleasure.

whats the old great phrase.. there are only two things in life you can depend on !!.... death and taxes ;-)

Ian :-)

I think it maybe state to state since when I was in Texas I never had to pay duty or tax for shipments unless it was sent from Texas. In the last 3 years I have ordered a lot of tech and motorcycle parts out of Germany and never a bill or charge. Each package in excess of $4000 and was properly declared. This also could be something new...

unfortunately I live in Norway now. It is expensive to have his shipped in :( +25% :(

Unfortunately, yes...it's a bit like sales tax; this is a tax on top of the original transaction that is imposed by the US Government that the purchaser is responsible for paying. It's pretty much standard on any international shipping transaction that the recipient is responsible for such fees.

In the US, Sales Tax is state-by-state, and only on transactions within the state - although often you are supposed to voluntarily pay any additional tax amount that you would have paid had it been an in-state purchase.

The import duties are at the federal level, but it depends on the item and how it is described. Some things have taxes, some are duty free. And even then it depends whether they stop the item and decide to charge - sometimes things get through without charges, sometimes you have to pay, in my experience. But it's always a risk.

In the US, Sales Tax is state-by-state, and only on transactions within the state - although often you are supposed to voluntarily pay any additional tax amount that you would have paid had it been an in-state purchase.

well, technically, it's if the vendor has a presence in the state, you get the sales tax, and the latter thing you describe is called a use tax ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_tax )

I wonder if that charge has to do with:

http://www.dhl.nl/en/express/shipping/shipping_advice/rate_increase.html

It could be that the increase took away from the customs payment, which is why you are seeing a customs bill.

Anyway, Imouttahere.

>By the way i was wondering how many UM2 are you producing and sending every week?

I don't know this but I'm pretty sure the number dwarfs the quantity of people posting in this topic. I've seen a single day's shipment of ultimakers fill a DHL truck (or maybe it's more than one truck).

Ultimaker 2

@Vinay

We are still patiently waiting on our UM2 to arrive in Indiana, we ordered 11/15 and Sander said we should receive our machine next week, just wondering what your order and delivery dates were as you also ordered from USA.

Thanks

I order my Um 2 on Oct. 30 and received it Jan. 03, shipping only took 3 to 4 days DHL are not open on the weekends

I order my Um 2 on Oct. 30 and received it Jan. 03, shipping only took 3 to 4 days DHL are not open on the weekends

Thanks! I'm sitting on my hands patiently waiting, its going to be a long wait.

Those of you who are Ordering from the U.S. Good news! you guys can order it from Makershed and same some money on cost... As of right now they have it in stock...

Has anyone try there filament from makershed? I just order from Ultimaker and have to pay 50.74 for shipping 4 filament rolls and 2 print heads plus I'm waiting on the customs invoice crap to come in.. it's just not worth ording filament for this price of shipping and custom cost..

http://www.makershed.com/Ultimaker_2_3D_Printer_p/mkum3.htm

I probably wouldn't buy generic filament from Makershed - or anywhere else. There are plenty of good sources of filament in the US. Take a look at printbl.com, and printedsolid.com for starters - those are the US distributors for two very well regarded filament suppliers - Diamond Age and Colorfabb, respectively. The other premium supplier is Faberdashery.co.uk - but they don't have a US distributor at the moment, so getting their stuff in the US is still pricey.

Getting filament with a consistent diameter, and good thermal characteristics, is essential to get good results. Compared to the cost of the printer and the time involved, even the priciest of filaments is pretty cheap, so I strongly recommend not skimping on the filament.

Those of you who are Ordering from the U.S. Good news! you guys can order it from Makershed and same some money on cost... As of right now they have it in stock...

Has anyone try there filament from makershed? I just order from Ultimaker and have to pay 50.74 for shipping 4 filament rolls and 2 print heads plus I'm waiting on the customs invoice crap to come in.. it's just not worth ording filament for this price of shipping and custom cost..

I don't want to burst anyones bubble, but unfortunately they are not in stock at Makershed.

Where did you get that info?

I put it to the test, moved one to a shopping cart and got the following message:

• The following item is currently out of stock: Ultimaker 2 3D Printer __Please sign up on the product page to be auto-notified via email when product becomes available

Makershed has only had a very limited supply of machines, I think. Right now it's not an ideal situation for those of us in the USA - shipping printers, parts and supplies from Europe is an expensive and time consuming process at the best of times, especially on top of the current lengthy wait for a UM2.

In the past, Ultimaker has indicated a desire to improve the US distribution channel - I know they recognize what an important market it is. So Im hopeful that once the stress of the UM2 launch dies down a little bit, they will find ways to make it easier and cheaper for their customers on this side of the Atlantic.

I don't want to burst anyones bubble, but unfortunately they are not in stock at Makershed.

Where did you get that info?

I put it to the test, moved one to a shopping cart and got the following message:

• The following item is currently out of stock: Ultimaker 2 3D Printer __Please sign up on the product page to be auto-notified via email when product becomes available

I'm checking MakerShed every day (already signed up for the email updates) just to be safe. Is there any chance of them getting a restock before my order ships in the next 10 weeks, Sander?