Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I have a question :)

In the box with new Ultimaker 2 is a coupon code? I plan to buy a new Ultimaker 2. Thank you very much for help :D

Witamy w UM community! :)

Yes, there is a letter from Sander saying that they giving a coupon, but I'm yet to have any reply from anyone in UM as of how to get or use it.

BTW, my wait time was slightly over 9 weeks. Now, as this fantastic machine did arrive, it's a pure magic happening in front of me. You won't be sorry, I hope!

If they told you the wait was 9 to 10 weeks and you got the UM in 10 weeks you get no coupon.

It was only for people whose machine was delayed more than expected - some people had to wait an extra 2 weeks due to some bad part in the supply chain I think. Anyway - that was a while ago - over christmas roughly. I think they are now on the schedule that is posted on the website.

Not completely true. I've received my UM2 in 9,5 weeks, while the initial wait was 6-8 weeks for me. But received no coupon.

Hi Guys,

Just like gr5 says, the coupon code was offered to those who ordered an Ultimaker 2 when the lead time on the website was severely different then the time they actually had to wait, and the code was limited to this group only.

If I quote the letter included with the Ultimaker 2:

'.. we offered a coupon code that could be used in the Ultimaker-store. This was much appreciated...'

My apologies if this was not clear, but what I am saying is that this code was handed out already to an earlier group of customers, and it resulted in low stock on filaments. Hence, the letter.

I hope this puts the letter in the right perspective.

Thank you all for your time.

Unfortunately my payment returned today with reason " UNRECOGNIZE TRTP/SEPA OVERBOEKING".

That is stupid, i paid expensive costs while sending money and now they returned the money deducted for costs of returning money. Why the money was not paid directly to ultimaker but instead to Ayden solutions. I think i might not even reorder because of the costs.

Hi Hacklord, please contact our sales team to inform them about your difficulties.

We would be happy to help you place your order and make sure there are no additional and unnecessary costs.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi,

nah i was angry for a minute or two. I really, really want my Ultimaker 2 and this is why i have sent payment again and notified your sales team by phone and e-mail to be sure they know about it. Now i paid 2 bank transfer fees and 1 x return money fee. However you are free to send me 2 transparent PLA filament i forgot to order with my filaments as gift :)

But seriously can i order one more filament so it will be shipped with my Ultimaker ? I bought almost all filaments but forgot a transparent PLA. I tried to "order" and let your sales know to combine, but it does not allow to place order without shipping.

Hi Hacklord,

I am sure our salesteam will be able to work something out but it would be best to contact them directly.

Do you already have a ticket ID? You can send your request as a reply and if you let me know who you are talking to I will ask to look out for your ticket.

Thank you for your time!

Hello, i don't have ticket ID as i have phoned them and sent an e-mail directly. Order is R078371244

EDIT: Thank you SandervG, i have been already contacted by your colleague for assistance followed by your intervention. Glad to have you here

Got the bill from DHL today. $88.77. Stupid government. I hope they put it to good use, not something pointless like a new gold toilet seat on Air Force One.

I am curious. Please tell me that I am not the only person who sits and watches the printer go for hours - usually with a beer in one hand.

Hi, Schafe the same thing happens to me! I have explained to my wife that I get drunk because of the UM2 but she doesn't believe.

on the other hand I have a different experience from your ... the government still stupid but here in Europe we can't buy an used gold toilet seat for $88.77 :)

SandervG - thank you, my payment issue is resolved. Now my status shows "paid" and money did not return.

May I ask a question... and I`m not being horrible ( honest lol )

But... Considering that this machine seems fairly simple in its makeup, and the team at ultimaker obviously have experience in the build process etc... Why is the lead time so long ?

May I ask a question... and I`m not being horrible ( honest lol )

But... Considering that this machine seems fairly simple in its makeup, and the team at ultimaker obviously have experience in the build process etc... Why is the lead time so long ?

I think ultimaker just became very very popular very quickly and now they have hundreds of people ordering their maschines if not thousands.

Take that and then the decision that ultimaker would stay a private company and not sell out to a big cash offer. so they stay an honest company to their fans and supporters but it just takes longer for things to upscale...

In a way its a fantastic miracle to see a small company get such fantastic support and encouragment from so many sides...

Plus I know some people there and they really do work there asses off in a big way to keep quality to the absolute highest level.

Ultimaker dont think like makerbot. (thank god).. ultimaker thinks.... hay this is Peters ultimker2 and we want Peter to be a happy man... lets do it right...

Ian :smile:

Ian, im sure you should work for ultimaker haha. I wish I could order one NOW and get it tomorrow !! I found another UK supplier who`s website states " in stock ". Phone up and guess what... yup wait 10 weeks arrghh !!.. :p

I think Ian is absolutely right. A small company cannot upscale their production by any factor. Parts have to be ordered and paid. This blocks quite some money which a small company usually doesn't have in large amounts if they want to stay independent. So they only can order limited quantities at a time.

Pure speculation, no offense: It could even be that UM pays the bills for parts with the money they get from the customers for the printers which include excactly these parts; at least partially. If this is the case, lead time is not expected to go down very soon. But at some point it should...

And don't forget that 30 UM2 were 'lost' to production two weeks ago...

I have received an info that they are upscaling production and lead time could soon be decreased, even for old buyers waiting

Also I think it looks deceptively simple. Remember that the UM1 has an estimated build time of something like 8-16 hours for a first timer. Say that the UM2 is easier to assemble and that the guys and gals doing it have become quite efficient at it and I still think there's a few hours put into each printer (a small amount of tuning and a test print adds time as well). It's not like they can slam one together in 15 minutes and they don't have 50 people on an assembly line.

If we as consumers are anxious to get the printer fast, how anxious do you think Ultimaker are since getting machines out the door is what makes the money ;) I think Ultimaker would be even happier than us if they could cram 100 printers out the door every day.

I believe in one of the 20 pages above this post, Sander said that they got more orders than expected and had to double the staff that assembles the UM2. Then in the last month or so I think they hired more and are now at triple the original UM2 capacity they had back in the fall.

As far as money to order parts - I doubt that is an issue because they apparently take your money as soon as your order (not when they ship). The bigger issue I believe is interviewing, searching, hiring, and training staff. It's hard to hire good people and it takes a lot of time that you could be spending on building ultimakers, lol.

Hey, I'm unemployed, send a few packets of parts and I'll start assembling! :p

Hey, I'm unemployed, send a few packets of parts and I'll start assembling! :p

Hay Robert push over... ill join you !! ;-)