Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Hello and thank you for your help!

I am from Spain and bought an ultimaker 2 on 2 / january / 2014 at igo3d.

I wonder if you will sent the ultimaker 2 directly to me and when is the estimated time of delivery.

Thank you very much for your help.

Alfonso Borja Morant

• Replies 588
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Alfonso. Wellcome to the club of Spaniers waiting to get the ultimaker2 bought the last week 2013 or first week of 2014, and are still waiting anxiously. :-P

I order mine from ultimaker webstore on December 31. I am especting to get the tracking number for the shipment this week, as per SandervG #461 forum message, updating on lead times. Since your order is with Igo3D, I guess you will get it about the same time as me, but everything depends on the path of the shipment.

What would it be? Anybody? Some lucky owner with his printer at home?

Hello ameba!!

Yes, it is a long wait but hope it worth it, my childreen keep asking me when will it arrive, they are more anxious than me!

Thats why I asked here, I hope it will arrive before Fallas, because here in Valencia, fallas stop everything!

Nice to see more Spanish Ultimaker lovers!

Just a quick question for those who received a FedEx tracking number, did you receive an email with your tracking number or did you have to check your account. Mine is slated to ship out this week, OMG :shock:, via FedEx and was just wondering how you got your FedEx tracking number.

Got the tracking number in my notification email from Ultimaker

I picked mine up today from FedEx after a missed delivery yesterday - fortunately it all worked out.... Just need to find some time to set it up now! :D

Got the tracking number in my notification email from Ultimaker

I picked mine up today from FedEx after a missed delivery yesterday - fortunately it all worked out.... Just need to find some time to set it up now! :D

hehe... cool... congradulations and have lots and lots of fun with your new little wonder printer ! :-)

Another friday has passed....can you give us some updates....placed my order via iGo3D on January 26th. So would be interested which week I can expect it....

YES we need a update!

When i see how happy the others are which already get the UM2 i also want to be happy!

And perhaps the lead time already decreased to mmmhh 4 weeks - then i will get mine next week ;-)

I have received the dhl notificación of delivery, will be here next week.

I ordered 2 of january, from igo3d, so you can have an idea.

I have received the dhl notificación of delivery, will be here next week.

I ordered 2 of january, from igo3d, so you can have an idea.

Thank you handyman. this is quite interesting. I was told that my orden had a fair chance of being sent on friday 7th of march. I didn't get it yet. I guess ordering to 3rds parties would be faster. So there you have it for thouse guys thinking to order, I ordered the 30th of december. Now I am begining to regret ordering direct. The bank would give me some good interest for that money. I would let you know when I get mine.

Hey everyone I'm posting an update about my shipment, I also have a question. My UM2 shipped out on Thursday via FedEx International (I live in the USA). It was originally slated to arrive on Friday; I thought this was too good to be true, so I kept checking the tracking information (which was provided on both my Ultimaker account and via email) and the shipping delivery date changed to Monday. On Friday afternoon I got a phone call from someone at FedEx telling me that due to the price of the item (I also ordered 3 spools of filament) that I had to answer some questions before my item would be released from customs.

I had to fill out a CF5106 document, which I had no clue to how to do without the assistance of the FedEx person who contacted me. I then had to tell them what the spools were, the diameter of the filament, the length of the material on the roll, the country of origin of the filament, and give them my SSN (social security number). Shortly thereafter my package was released from customs and looks like it's making its way through the US and to my doorstep.

The CF5106 document said in the upper left hand side it was a "Department of Homeland Security U.S. Customs and Border Protection Importer ID Input Record" Is there anyone else out there that had to jump through all these hoops to get their printer in the US? Or is the guy with the wacky beard and a foreign last name (half Norwegian-half Iranian) on a list somewhere in the dark recesses of an overtly idiotic spying program.

Or is the guy with the wacky beard and a foreign last name (half Norwegian-half Iranian) on a list somewhere in the dark recesses of an overtly idiotic spying program.

You betcha.

Sorry to hear that Aaron. Look in a thread called "Shipment on hold???" started by LIST4FormZ. By the way, when did you order yours?

Thanks for the post ameba, I'm just glad my order is currently in a neighboring US city making it's way to it's new home! But am curious still as to the intent of having to fill out such a detailed series of questions about my order. I ordered my printer in late December, definitely had to wait longer than the estimated shipping date; hopefully it arrives in on piece :shock:.

The Norwegian-Iranians are the ones you've gotta watch out for.... ;-)

That's a hassle... I do recall someone else mentioning that they had to provide SSN details, but I don't remember anyone else mentioning that they had to fill out a form, or register. I've certainly never had to... most of the stuff I've imported has arrived without issue, but that has always been via TNT or DHL. I did have TNT once send me an invoice for customs duties on some filament I imported, several weeks after the fact... but I've never need contacted at the time of import.

The Norwegian-Iranians are the ones you've gotta watch out for.... :wink:

Yeah, especially if you don't want clogged shower and sink drains :mrgreen:; I'm going to be a very hairy old person.

That's a hassle...

Yeah, Friday was quickly turning into Hell at work already, then I found out that I missed the phone call and had to juggle everything at once. It was very annoying to say the least; the ending of the day was rather good though.

Hello Everyone,

I just received my Ultimaker 2! Ordered December 30th. I can confirm Aaron's experience with the CF5106 form. FedEx never called me to fill this out. I ended up seeing that there was a problem on the tracking site and calling FedEx to see what was up. After filling out the paperwork and a weekend stay in New Jersey my Ultimaker arrived at my house.

Here is the link to the CF5105 form incase someone needs it. http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/CBP_Form_5106.pdf

--Mr. Bates

Still waiting!

Ordered and paid for on the 6th Jan.

Thats 9 weeks so far.

So much for:

"Week 11 (week from March 7th) will have all orders shipped until January 16th. The lead time will be 8 weeks at that point."

Ok Sander. I would think last update is no longer valid. What about an update on the update? Mr. Bates ordered the same day as I did, and He already playing with his printer. I will be happy if at least I got my tracking number. This is my 11th week, I ordered 30th of December.

Hi Ameba,

Thank you for your post.

Your order is actually the third in line now. Last week we made it halfway orders made on December 30th.

Your order is going to be shipped out tomorrow!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Hi Sander,

So what about my order?

Steve do you have an order number? It should start with an "R". Like this: R0193471983

What I said February 21st is still valid :)

'Week 10 (week from March 3rd) will ship all order until January 1st. This means the lead time at that point has decreased to 9 weeks.

Week 11 (week from March 7th) will have all orders shipped until January 16th. The lead time will be 8 weeks at that point.

That is it for now.

Of course, for everyone who wants an indication please feel free to send me a DM and I will be more than happy to help :)'

So if I order today, I should expect it within 8 weeks? I was going to order from Makershed, but it looks like they've increased their price from $2600 to $2999 in anticipation of their stock. Very annoyed at that.

Also, can anyone tell me if I'd have to pay duties, and what they would be? I've not ordered anything at this price from overseas.

Thank you,

Alex

Still waiting for some kind of response about the status of my order

As we can see what SandervG said at 21.02 is not anymore valid it looks that the lead time is still at about 9 weeks right now... (some have to wait even longer)

So PLEASE Sander give us an new "forecast" about the lead time!

Everyone who ordered an ultimaker2 will support your company and the great products you have and nearly everyone can understand that you have delivery problems because of your great products..

In this moment COMMUNICATION is the only thing which keeps the clients at your side!