SandervG

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your posts.

I totally understand the need for information.

The situation from my end is partially the same, as I am sometimes struggling with getting the right information.

My previous schedule is a good example, as you have now expectations based on this schedule which we may not meet. My goal is to have the proper information and share an accurate timetable.

Every week I am working hard to get all the facts straight and when I have it clear what to communicate I will let you know asap! We both share the same goal, I want to give you the information you need. Personally, I think giving updates is very important. But when I do make an update, I want to give you a complete and accurate picture.

Bare with me and I will give you an update Friday.

If you want to get some more information about a specific order please feel free to send me a PM and I will be more then happy to get you the information you need.

Thanks for understanding guys!

Hello Everyone,

I just received my Ultimaker 2! Ordered December 30th. I can confirm Aaron's experience with the CF5106 form. FedEx never called me to fill this out. I ended up seeing that there was a problem on the tracking site and calling FedEx to see what was up. After filling out the paperwork and a weekend stay in New Jersey my Ultimaker arrived at my house.

Here is the link to the CF5105 form incase someone needs it. http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/CBP_Form_5106.pdf

--Mr. Bates

Thanks for the update, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has to go through all these hoops to get the printer. Which is well worth it btw.

@Sandervg:

Thanks a lot for your post! Communication is the thing which counts! even bad news are better than no news!

AND i got a tracking number!!!

(its only the filament i ordered some days after my um2 order..)

but THIS are good news! :cool:

I got my printer waiting for me at home. It took less than 24 hours, from the moment I got the traking number.

:-P :-P :-P

Also, can anyone tell me if I'd have to pay duties, and what they would be? I've not ordered anything at this price from overseas.

Someone posted information about this up above in this topic but you might have to search for a long time. I think it was around $80. Certainly less than $200 (I'm assuming you are USA). Some people have to pay and some don't - apparently it has to do with the price of the Euro jumping around versus the dollar.

Great topic!

I ordered my um² last week and I'm really happy to see that the communication about the lead time is very frequent!

Good news

Received mine from Igo3D yesterday, printing unstop since then!!

Ordered 2/January/2014

Thank you all for your help!

Now I have to study a lot about 3d design...

Just received the Fedex tracking number my UM2 is finally on it's way (should arrive tomorrow hopefully). Ordered: 10th of January

Ordered 6th Jan

Delivered 19th March

5 hour print last night:-

1912263_10201580608819027_1898885053_n.jpg

congradulations on getting your UM2 !!

and very cool print by the way !!

Ian :-)

Hi all, FYI,

I ordered the 27th of jan. just received info from Sander that mine is planned to ship next week wednesday :D

Arjan

Hi all, FYI,

I ordered the 27th of jan. just received info from Sander that mine is planned to ship next week wednesday :D

Arjan

UM1 or UM2?

Ralf

UM1 or UM2?

Ralf

UM2 ... ( topic name = ultimaker2 leadtime ;) )

Arjan

Ultimaker 2.

Ordered 16th of January, expected Monday (Florida USA), assuming there are no hitches.

I was contacted today by FedEx so they could get the shipment pre-cleared by Customs. As people have noted I had to fill in an importer ID form, but since I was already prepared for that, it all seemed to go very smoothly.

So ... what "improvements" (hacks?) should I print out straight away?

(I imagine there is a topic/thread on this but pointers would be great! I've already been following the great extruder debate, but I'll probably hold off on that till I know what I'm doing).

How can i change my delivery address because i have just changed office location? I tried email to support but to no avail. my order number is R882412551. In case you need, my new office address is 18 Boon Lay Way #07-101 Singapore 609966. Thanks.

Any recent updates?

How can i change my delivery address because i have just changed office location? I tried email to support but to no avail. my order number is R882412551. In case you need, my new office address is 18 Boon Lay Way #07-101 Singapore 609966. Thanks.

I will pass it on to our sales team, who will get in touch with you.

Thank you !

Just head back from Ultimaker's Support - ordered on January 24th. Support now says "End of April".

This is pretty disappointing. This means, it's not a lead time of 8-10 weeks. It's 12 weeks :(

Hi Netsrac,

Thank you for your post.

I was just looking at your order when you made this post.

When I browse back a couple of pages you say you placed your order at January 26th, on your previous post it says January 24th and your order says it is February 10th.

Based on the February 10th indeed, it would be close to the end of April, as this week would 'only' be week 6 of your lead time.

Can you show me in a DM when you placed your order, if it is like you say on January 24th/26th we can change the delivery schedule.

Looking forward hearing from you, thank you for your time!

Well...it was January 24th. The other dates before where just out of my memory...it's a long time since then :-)

I send you a screenshot as a proof of my order....

Ordered 16th of January, expected Monday (Florida USA), assuming there are no hitches.

Nice. Getting closer to my Jan 30 order.

Worst part is that even with that 10wk lead time I haven't been able to get at least some basic 3D modeling skills (I'm a total noob both in modeling and 3DP !).

Received it today as predicted. Amazingly no hitches. I'm not sure what would have happened if FedEx hadn't managed to contact me though as they had to pre-clear the order through customs over the weekend. Notably they phoned, and did not seem to have my e-mail address, so make sure there is a contact number with your order!

Ordered it Jan 16th.

It feels like a solid, well built machine. I am now looking (again) through the manual and all the various instructions posted on these boards. I'll report back on the first prints.

Nice. Getting closer to my Jan 30 order.

Worst part is that even with that 10wk lead time I haven't been able to get at least some basic 3D modeling skills (I'm a total noob both in modeling and 3DP !).

Id recommend Maya. The polygon modeling toolkit is kind of intuitive, and it isnt hard to export models in *.stl format that work fine with Cura.