Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Well Sander should be back in the Netherlands today and he probably has too many tickets to get through and other business and meetings and things to do but hopefully this week he will put out a new schedule if it has changed since his last schedule.

• Replies 588
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody who's waiting... You've already found your way onto the forums, so that's really great.

If knowing that people are working over-time at Ultimaker to get you the UM2 isn't enough... and if you want to get the best start you can have, it makes sense to already download YouMagine... Nothing is cooler than printing something you designed yourself, even if it is something really simple (my humble opinion).

Thanks a lot for your patience!!

on page 10 it doesn't say it has a SD card, will it come with a SD card???

Please look at page 22 and read the first sentence of step 21 at the bottom of the page. Here it says "Make sure you have the SD-card inserted that came with your Ultimaker 2" and "Your SD-card comes with the file [ultimaker Robot] click the button if you would like to print this file.".

In step 5 on page 29 it says "After you inserted the included SD-card in your computer"

I believe they just missed to add the SD-card on page 10.

Hi Sander,

Could you tell when I'm going to get an UM2 if I buy it today? And if I buy an UM1? I need this information to decide if I should buy an UM2 or UM1.

Thanks a lot!

Sander is very busy so in case he doesn't answer - I'm going to guess about 5 weeks for the UM2 and less than a week for the UM1 kit. UM1 kits I'm pretty sure are boxed on the shelves and ready to ship. UM1 assembled - no idea - could be 1 week, could be 5 weeks.

Don't get a UM1 assembled. For not much more money you can get the UM2. The UM1 kit however is great.

Ok.

Another week is gone.

Now it's time to update the list with new dates.

Not to insist.

But there is only Sander who is taking care to inform us of the delay problem?

Yes there is!

Luckily, I am a pretty nice guy and fun to talk to :wink:

I have contacted those individuals who needed to be updated about their order.

If you do not hear from you, consider the schedule online to be the actual schedule.

When we make large improvements on the lead time I will create a new schedule.

Thank you all for understanding and for any further questions or remarks, please feel free to contact me

Ordered my UM2 on Nov 11th. I'm hoping my order will slip through the cracks somehow and get shipped early. Otherwise I'm anticipating mid December???

If there is any truth to the rumor of someone in the US distributing the UM2, and there is a pallet on its way here, it would be nice to know. If I can get one sooner and a bit cheaper that seems like a win win to me.

If not, I'll just wait. Impatiently, but I'll wait.

With today's instant gratification its hard to wait for something your excited about. Remember mail-order??? I had to wait weeks for my K-tel records to arrive. I'm not sure if K-tel is known in Europe, but it was a big thing when I was a kid.

Hello,

I just ask a few new deliveries!

@ Schafe

I understand that you be in a hurry to receive your UM ² ... But I think you have to be patient. Certaint who ordered before me have just received their machine. I that commanded October 21, I'm supposed to be delivered week 48, ie from November 25. Unless I'm wrong. And if that is the case, thank you to correct!

I do not know where is the current status of orders! Moreover, I find it unfortunate that we have so little news these days.

At the same time, we see the first results and failures too. Technical solutions are certainly an additional cause of delay ... Perhaps would be good to know a little more with a return of official information. I hope that the Ultimaker team will have time to send us new information.

I do not use the private message to me informed. I think everyone should know or are current deliveries.

I live in the hope of receiving the machine shortly, as I said, which was marked on the calendar a little earlier in the pages.

I thank all the Ultimaker team for its responsiveness. Waiting to read your news, I wish you a good day and good and beautiful prints.

Alex....

Like I said in my previous post you can assume the previous mentioned schedule (page 1) still goes unless I post otherwise.

On occasion when the schedule is not met I will contact you personally, and I do this personally because not everybody reads the forums and I see no point in posting something publicly that applies only on 1 person.

Thank you for having me Sander said.

This is already a good point that the schedule still runs the same way.

I admit that I ask and it was primarily for that Schafe said.

Go to week 48 for me :)

Good weekend in perspective.

Alex.

Thank you! IRobertl, NachoKaoS and Ion about the SD card being included... So its inserted in the machine, why would you leave it inserted in the machine, does this mean it doesn't come with a SD card case? Ultimaker perhaps you should adjust the manual on page 10.. just saying.

I got a great idea why don't we just make are own shipping list lol, you just simply copy and paste it, if there's any change.. than it will be a long list of ordered dates and order not shipped...... lol :mrgreen:

screen name........date ordered......... date shipped or NOT shipped....... order number.. :eek: :roll: :p

Big +1 Vinay for the shipping list :cool:

Alex.

Here we are at week 47...

any chance to ship this week the orders of week 48?? Cause it seems that all the

working very hard on scaling up

does not even change a little the shipping lead time...

I hope this week could be better.. :mrgreen:

Mine should be shipt today, but still no tracking nr. :shock:

Hope still going out today

I know someone who got an email the moment his UM2 was shipped. My email came 2 days after it was shipped. But I just decided to do a test - I went to DHL and put the "R" number in DHL and it showed my package! So try it.

Nope, nothing on the dhl site,

Have to wait longer i think.

I know someone who got an email the moment his UM2 was shipped. My email came 2 days after it was shipped. But I just decided to do a test - I went to DHL and put the "R" number in DHL and it showed my package! So try it.

Can you explain the process?

Can you explain the process?

To track your package without a tracking number, go here: http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

For "Shipper´s Reference" put in your order number which should look like something along these lines: "R123456789".

Select a time frame that matches when your order was shipped and finally click on "Track".

Should be on my doorstep, but still nothing, no sent status, no tracking nr.

I'M FREAKING OUT.

For those waiting, I can mention that I ordered mine on Sept 22 and I got delivered today (should have been yesterday if DHL locally had not screwed up). I got an email from Ultimaker that it had shipped when just had shipped and not days later as has been indicated here.

Hey Sander,

Thanks for making a list for the UM2 delivery dates. Mine will arrive somewhere between 2/12 to 8/12 so I hope it'll be enough to play with before the 3D hubs christmas event.

As for ideas, can you post something about how fast a printer is produced from base parts up to boxing? I'd be interested to know.

Anyway, it was good seeing you in London!

Cheers,

Lennart

For those waiting, I can mention that I ordered mine on Sept 22 and I got delivered today (should have been yesterday if DHL locally had not screwed up). I got an email from Ultimaker that it had shipped when just had shipped and not days later as has been indicated here.

so you are part of Week 45 (4-11/10-11) 09-22 order date... and they shipped at the end of 46?

I'm impatiently waiting for week 48 and i hope to be one of the 25-11 shipping.

That order lasted just too much.