Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Finally the UM2 has arrived! It´s an awesome machine :-)

After a few setup´s he´s printing very well!

But Sander, I´ve got no coupon code inside the package. Could you mail me this one?

If it is only for a day this can be normal, if it is longer there can be a problem with documentation.

I will ask our outbound operator to get in touch with DHL and sort it out :)

Thank you SandervG

I just got my Ultimaker 2 in today Still excited reason I say that is I've seen the 3 new Makerbot machines as of this date 1/6/2014, I like them too but it only has 1 extruder so far I've seen.. hopefully Ultimaker will make a dual extrusion kit for the Ultimaker 2.. I must say the makerbot replicator Z18 is pretty expensive $6,500 Wow! :shock: VERY cool looking machine! :eek: :shock: :???: :blink:

We are working on Dual Extrusion and we are planning on releasing it in a couple of months.

We can not pinpoint a date just yet. But it is in the works :)

I know, I saw it too. They look very next gen, I have to give them that.

Well just see how it prints :)

Are UM2's still only shipping on Monday's and Tuesdays. In December I got the email that my order (R746578274) should arrive in week 2. Does that mean it will be shipped today?

We are no longer shipping only Monday's and Tuesdays, but throughout the entire week.

Your order is scheduled indeed for this week and most likely Thursday.

hello

vous avez une idée de date de livraison pour mon UM2 (Order #R751462332)

s'il vous plait

cordialement

Here's my unboxing video enjoy! :-P I waited 2 months and finally got it, will worth the wait!! :wink:

15 mins video

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Here's my unboxing video enjoy! :-P I waited 2 months and finally got it, will worth the wait!! :wink:

15 mins video

Two months is along time. I don't unterstand, how you can announce a product without the possibility to deliver it.

That is only something for people with a lot patience.

Annoying is to see in Status "Shipping ready", although it lasts still some weeks, until the UM2 is shipped.

Two months is along time

I agree! Obviously the price for the um2 is MUCH TOO LOW. Demand is much too high. Please help everyone by raising the price until the delivery time is down to 2 weeks. I recommend starting at 4000 euros and see what happens. Otherwise you will get "scalpers". People who buy the UM2, then resell it for twice the amount.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_resale

I agree! Obviously the price for the um2 is MUCH TOO LOW. Demand is much too high. Please help everyone by raising the price until the delivery time is down to 2 weeks. I recommend starting at 4000 euros and see what happens. Otherwise you will get "scalpers". People who buy the UM2, then resell it for twice the amount.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_resale

laisser tomber pour 4000 euros je prefere mettre plus et prendre La Replicator Z18

I'm partly joking here. The most common way to lower demand is to raise price. But having a 8 week lead time helps also. Right now Ultimaker is driving away customers due to the long lead time. When the lead time gets down to 2 weeks, the demand will probably increase.

Meanwhile it makes sense to raise the price a bit. But this is a complicated marketing decision and most companies keep the price low even when demand is very high. I think it's silly to keep the price low but obviously raising the price will annoy a lot of people. I think that it's better to annoy your non-customers than annoy your customers. So I vote for raising the price until you can ramp up your shipping some more. But I don't work for Ultimaker and also I'm not a marketing expert.

il n'empêche que c'est long d'attendre une machine dont on a besoin pour son travail !!!

Nevertheless, it is a long wait for a machine needed for his work!

Phew, what are eight weeks? The machine is worth every minute of waiting.

I also initially looked to MakerBot. But for now I have absolutely no time to me to see these machines in more detail.

I am glad that I damaged a small part of the machine and have to wait for a replacement part. For now I finally have time to assemble together with my wife a new cabinet.

If the replacement part is there, then I'll have to work out with my wife a schedule ...

Hello,

With no response, I come here to discuss the lead time of my new heating bed. :evil:

For information :

I contact on December 28, 2013 7:09 AM the Ultimaker ticket in order to solve a problem of bed heating team. View Ticket # AKJ-803-98917

It turns out that the new bed should be sent to me. This is the answer given Posted on: 06 January 2014 12:20 PM.

Since then, I have not had news of the sends.

Since December 28, 2013 ... :

I can not print it's a bit frustrating. Especially the few tests I did before breaking down were promising. :evil:

I hope that the workload is better since I received my UM2. I also hope that people who have a functional machine are happy.

Meanwhile, it is a box that look empty bed that sits on my desk.

Thank you very much for your help. ;)

In the mean time you CAN still print on a cold bed with blue tape. Hell, I printed on the original Ultimaker on a cold bed for over 2 years and was quite happy with it.

Negative!

The error message prevents me from starting the slightest impression! He asks the extent of heated bed whenever. :oops:

You should be able to disable the heat bed. There are 2 ways. I'm not sure if either will work:

1) The simple way (less likely to work). Click "PRINT" and choose your model, then quickly go to the TUNE menu and set the heated bed temp to 0. This will probably fail before you can set the temp to 0.

2) The harder way. Create a custom filament that uses heated bed temp of 0. I forget where the menu is - I think the MATERIAL menu. Go in there and create a custom material and set the temp to 220 and set the bed temp to 0. Save the material and you should have a CUSTOM1 material. Try this a few times until you are able to create a material with bed temp 0C. Then select this as the current material and go to the PRINT menu.

3) Even harder. Use cura to create a job but uncheck the "ulticode" box in machine settings. This will create a UM1 like gcode. Make sure to set the heated bed temp to 0 in Cura (when you uncheck ulticode you get more settings in cura). Then copy the gcode onto SD card and print on UM2.

4) You could just fix your printer. The problem is almost always one of the 4 solder joints. At least 2 other people have fixed their heated bed on this forum. I can point you to the postings if you are interested in more details.

I understand all that.

1 / I turn on my Ultimaker ².

2 / Ultimaker² display the error message :"ERROR - stoped Temp sensor BED."

I'm blocking.

From there, I can not do anything. No menu... Nothing!

Wow. Okay. Well then either you have to do option 4 or wait for a new bed.