Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

I don't want to burst anyones bubble, but unfortunately they are not in stock at Makershed.

Where did you get that info?

I put it to the test, moved one to a shopping cart and got the following message:

• The following item is currently out of stock: Ultimaker 2 3D Printer __Please sign up on the product page to be auto-notified via email when product becomes available

Will I guess they change the way they add it to the cart, Sorry I thought it would say not in stock to be notify when available by email..... It only says that when you click on it I didn't do this before I posted this... I apologize for misleading... I must say its in high demand for good reason I am very happy with my um 2 and it is worth the wait.. The print quality is excellent..

see here

• Replies 588
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will I guess they change the way they add it to the cart, Sorry I thought it would say not in stock to be notify when available by email..... It only says that when you click on it I didn't do this before I posted this... I apologize for misleading... I must say its in high demand for good reason I am very happy with my um 2 and it is worth the wait.. The print quality is excellent..

see here

I saw that video before, great result!

At first I was surprised in the way you placed your model on the build platform.

Because it has the support structure like, right in its face. The part I would intend to keep as clean as possible.

But in the end you hardly ANY marking of where the support was.

Great job, really.

Did you also print the rest of the suit? ;)

I ordered mine Nov 11th. Feeling my due date was near, I sent a PM to Sander who responded promptly :). I got my shipment e-mail today, Jan 17th. Just over 9 weeks. Now I need to figure out the DHL tracking thing.

I agree that team Ultimaker is a victim of their own success. I am happy for them. Its nice when people win.

You should already know your "R" number as that is Ultimaker's number for tracking your order. The number was created when you first paid for your order. It looks something like "R982349872". You can check DHL's website using that code here:

http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

Note that DHL works just as hard on saturdays and sundays so you will probably get your order Monday afternoon.

Just used gr5's instructions for DHL. Worked great. Doesn't give expected delivery date. Oh well . . . .

Hello very dear ladies and gentlemen of Ultimaker, and of course all Board members.

Yesterday afternoon I received two shipments of Ultimaker. Everything has arrived safely. A small parcel contained a spare part (temperature sensor), I have already installed it, and my Ultimaker2 is again fully ready to use. Of course I print again for hours without any problems. For the beginning it is a great Ultimaker Robot (... printed PLA experimental directly onto frosted glass) . :smile: Thank you also for the free spare parts and the overall fast processing of my request, although I have caused the damage himself.

Much to my surprise contained the second package, already all parts that I had ordered a little later.

I now know for sure that I have met with Ultimaker absolutely the right decision for my small projects. I currently have joy joy feelings and will continue to look towards Ultimaker. I wish the entire Ultimaker team every success with the current and future products.

I also hope that you will get the long-lasting start problems of Ultimaker2 soon under control. This means that the last negative vibrations will soon be forgotten. There are then only open mouths everywhere and of course, many good jobs at Ultimaker.

At the end of course I can understand the frustration of many waiting Ultimaker2-customer very well. I even have to wait almost 8 weeks. But after maybe 12 weeks of waiting I would have written exactly the same today. And so I wish you all good luck for the wait, and that they can show more patience. A company may, at unexpectedly high demand not so easy to multiply its capacity, which in itself is a prolonged process, this is also to consider it.

BigUltimakerRobot On frosted glass

I wish all a nice weekend and joy in their projects.

Markus

I hope somebody will come back to me?????

My order was acknowledged on 24 Oct 13, Ref R144630675

My payment was made on 31 Oct 13.

I still have not received my order and had NO responce whatsoever

to my last three emails, last email on 13 Jan 14, and a telephone call???

Will someone respond????

Emad

I'm impressed - with DHL this time. My package is already in Ohio. One concern however, I received a voice mail today from a representative of DHL. She wants my Social Security Number for customs. This is likely typical, but with the recent security breach or Target's credit card system I am a slightly concerned. Has anyone else been asked for this info?

I'm impressed - with DHL this time. My package is already in Ohio. One concern however, I received a voice mail today from a representative of DHL. She wants my Social Security Number for customs. This is likely typical, but with the recent security breach or Target's credit card system I am a slightly concerned. Has anyone else been asked for this info?

why dont you phone DHL back on an official number and ask them for safety ?

Ian :-)

Good evening :-)

Can I ask, have you shot a PM over to Sander?

He is the head of sales and the best man to help.

I hope you get your printer soon !

Week has come and gone and I don't have my Ultimaker 2 machine nor shipping information NOR any news on when it might arrive...

Next week it will be 10 weeks since I have given Ultimaker my money, yet have nothing to show for it.

I haven't had DHL ever call to ask for my SSN, but it would be a huge coincidence if it wasn't legit. Perhaps you can have them give you enough info about the shipment to reassure you. For instance you should be able to get the shippers ref number - the R number. Or perhaps just call DHL customer service number and ask them if it's likely legitimate.

that is strange why would DHL ask you for your SSN, I order from Ultimaker twice and it is shipped to Texas never had that issue..

8 Weeks down, 2 more to go. Ordered my UM2 on Nov 22th and received the message that mine is scheduled to be shipped during week 5. Waiting patiently, but when I see all prints in the forum I'm eager to get my hands on the printer!

Damn, life can be teasing sometimes... :wacko:

'm impressed - with DHL this time. My package is already in Ohio. One concern however, I received a voice mail today from a representative of DHL. She wants my Social Security Number for customs. This is likely typical, but with the recent security breach or Target's credit card system I am a slightly concerned. Has anyone else been asked for this info?

Not a good sign. This probably means they are going to charge you some kind of tax or tariff or something. Probably around $50. US Customs don't do this for every shipment but they do it for some.

My order was acknowledged on 24 Oct 13, Ref R144630675

Hi Emad, I see your order has not been send out yet because some alternations have been made to your order, and it is yet waiting for a confirmation from our financial department. I will investigate first thing tomorrow and have it shipped to you either Monday or Tuesday if everything turns out to be OK, which I assume it will.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully the knowledge that it will be shipped next week will make you happy.

Week has come and gone and I don't have my Ultimaker 2 machine nor shipping information NOR any news on when it might arrive...

Next week it will be 10 weeks since I have given Ultimaker my money, yet have nothing to show for it.

Hi Hector, I checked and your order is scheduled for the first batch to leave our HQ next week, which is either Monday or Tuesday. I will know when I am back in the office again Monday. If you want I can send you an update tomorrow.

In regard of not receiving shipping info. I replied to your previous post (Jan 16th) when you asked for an update but I didn't receive your ordernumber. Let me know if you want me to send you an update Monday morning.

Edit, yes I did. I am sorry I totally missed your PM. Hopefully the knowledge of your order being shipped in the beginning of next week will be comforting.

Thank you, have a great weekend!

FYI - Sander doesn't always read this forum so sending him a message directly is much more reliable. Even then evidently he sometimes misses your message. I can only assume he gets thousands every day :)

That's somewhat reassuring in the sense that I have no choice but to believe in you, since it was supposdedly already scheduled for last week. I do want to get that update if at all possible. I have a lot riding on this printer because reasons.

I just got a confirmation we are going to ship today, so your Ultimaker 2 will be shipped today!

Great news! :)

hi guys !

from what iv heard ultimaker is cranking it up a gear again !! in production and shipping.. so the stress levels should start coming back down.

Remember this, the ultimaker guys are serously breaking their backs to get things out but also give you guys one of the best 3d printers you can buy. The Ultimaker2 is not super cheap... but for your money.. you are all going to get yourselves an incredible quality 3d printer.

I got my printer about 2 months ago and it just prints and prints and prints and without any tweaking or playing with the printer, i can print every model I ever wanted.. from work stuff to just cool things off thingiverse and youmagine :smile:

THE WAIT.... is WORTH IT ! :smile:

Ian :smile:

Not a good sign. This probably means they are going to charge you some kind of tax or tariff or something. Probably around $50. US Customs don't do this for every shipment but they do it for some.

Uh, customs isn't that arbitrary ( had to reply to a PM, so while I am here... ). If you look at a customs form, you'll see there are basically 3 important variables. The description of the item, what the value is, and who's going to pay for customs charges ( Example: http://www.pcb.ca/pdf/forms/USCustomsInvoice.pdf )

It's highly unlikely that DHL would mess this up, so if there has been shipments to the US that didn't have a customs fee before, the likely explanation why something is charged now is that something has changed. Either there's a new tariff that took effect on January, or maybe the exchange rate value is now past some threshold amount. It'd be interesting to see what the the attached customs form says (with personal information redacted). In any case, I think it's fair to say that all US recipients should expect to pay this.

As to who is supposed to pay, here's a quick description:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/help_center/who-is-responsible-for-the-payment-of-import-duty-and-taxes/

I've always had it done as described in paragraph 2, but, well.....

Ebay also concurs, though they make it clear that

To avoid problems, make sure that your listing clearly states this. You can cut and paste this directly into your listing:

International Buyers – Please Note:

Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.

Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.

(from http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/international-shipping-rules.html )

Well I filled out the information on that web page and it concluded I owed no duty/taxes.

Hello,

I received tonight my new heated bed. It works, the evidence, the machine is gone and the bonus she released from my design of caterpillar.

Heat bed restored

I am now happy.

Thank you to the whole team.

"ultimaker is cranking it up a gear again !! in production and shipping.. "

Well, it's not too soon.

It's 8 weeks now, with no real shipping date yet. One can only hope that the wait is well worth it.

Shurik my girlfriend is going bananas because I am always creating new models and just watching my ultimaker 2 print everything that pours out of my imagination.

relationshipwise not so great... happiness level for this 30 year old creative boy... PRICELESS.... :-)

The guys are kicking butt to get things better and faster.. let the young guys get there stuff together and they wont let you down !! :-) :-)

I called DHL on Monday using a number I found on the internet. They wanted my SSN because the declaired value of the shipment was more than $2500 - I ordered 2 extra rolls of filament. I don't completely understand, but it seems that DHL has a generic number they use for clearing customs when the value is less than that. There was no mention of an import charge, but I suspect I'll get a bill in the future. Due to the federal holiday on Monday there was no customs activity. I received a voice mail this morning from the same DHL rep I spoke to yesterday saying my package would be delivered tomorrow.

I don't know when Makershed will get more printers in stock, but if you can wait I would suggest ordering from them. I had an $80 charge from my credit card company for a foreign transaction. I wasn't expecting that. Now a possible import fee. That money could buy more filament. Oh well, live and learn. . .