Posted · 2 color printing

Hi all

I have an ultimaker2 with two Olsen Blocks, using Cura 4.2.x.

My problem is that if I print a model with one colour it works fine.

However when I create a two colour model with inlaid numbers only the first 2 layers print correctly and  then it seems to loose extrusion. But when I abort and try another single colour with the same nozzle it prints fine. Slowing down the entire process and raising nozzle temperature doesn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue welcome.

Regards

Graeme

It sound to me like the printer might be losing power. Did you check the temps of the nozzle, it might be that it cant handle heating both nozzles. However i do not know a lot about dual extrusion um2's. 

Thing is the second nozzle is held at a lower temperature but its the first nozzle after about the 2nd layer it's loosing extrusion.

I know indeed one core is often held at a lower temp, but is the printing nozzle able to reach/retain the correct temperature?

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes nozzle 1 holds it's temperature throgh out a print of a one colour model. It also holds the temperature during a two colour print. The issue is it only prints the first one or two layers on the first nozzle then stops extuding. I use PLA normally about 205 degrees but increasing this to 225 makes no differnce, yet If i print a single colour model immediatally after the failure of the two colour model there is no issue. Even a change of colour of PLA makes no difference.

Graeme