UM3 Feeder arm ground down

Nicjeph

Posted · UM3 Feeder arm ground down

As per attached pic. The filament has caused a channel in the feeder arm to be ground out. This stops the filament feeding properly and means it grinds.

We have over 20 UM3's in our lab and it has just about happened to all of them now. We have swapped the arms on feeder 1 and 2 but are now looking at having the replace the arms.

Does anyone know if you can just purchase the arm pieces? We only seem to be about to find the whole feeding mechanism and it's expensive to replace them all.

Cheers

Nichola

IMG_2282.jpg

All parts used to be for sale separatly, but I also noticed the "spare parts book" only shows the full assembly. 

As you can see here I bought my first feeder completely from parts....

Here's the partnumbers of the arm, I would say just try to order it from your reseller...

image.thumb.png.bfb9b704735836357df8d2bccf613052.png

Hi,

here's a part of an older thread, mentioning your problem:

On 7/18/2019 at 5:13 PM, hughwyeth said:

BINGO

You're a genius dude, thanks so much for your post. I'm 99% sure this is it (or at least part of the problem)- when i originally saw the arm had this dip in it I thought it must be part of the design but on removing it, it's clearly been worn out. 

issue.thumb.jpg.8d92a0c9b47304c3992e72785c36da38.jpg

I take it I need to contact a local reseller to source this part? Is there a more durable alternative version out there?

On 7/18/2019 at 8:31 PM, Enigma_M4 said:

Hi,

the part-numbers are 1967 (the worn-out half on the photo) and 1968.

One also realy useful solution would be this:

http://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-3-extruder-lever-mod

Works pretty well for me.

Regards

Regards