cdman12

Cura infill is ignoring small holes

Posted · Cura infill is ignoring small holes

Hi all, after one of the recent updates, infill in Cura is ignoring small holes (1.5mm and below). The infill goes straight through these holes, and is not adding the extra infill wall to them like bigger holes. Is there a setting I can adjust to change that? Thanks!

cura small holes.jpg

What I see on your screen shot is that even bigger holes do not have appropriate walls...

So I would rather guess there is a problem with your STL file. Did you allready try to make a new STL with other settings?

Thanks for your reply. If you are referring to the gaps, that is simply coasting being enabled. But I have tried different models and encountered the same issue.

Hello @Curven, please save the project file (File -> Save) and attach the .3mf file to this thread, thanks.

Attached below now. I did some more testing and it looks like the problem goes away if I increase the wall line count, but I would still like to know how to make it work with lower wall line counts, if possible.

holeguide.3mf

Thanks for the file, it definitely looks like a bug to me, I will investigate...

Hello @cdman12, it is indeed a bug which I have fixed and hopefully the fix will make it into a future release.