Pause at height Cura 4.3 = not working

cbirer

Posted · Pause at height Cura 4.3 = not working

Mmm...I'll try it again, I couldn't get either to work. I added a new printer profile, and now it stops for about 3 seconds, and resumes not giving me time to change filament. 

Posted (edited) · Pause at height Cura 4.3 = not working

I am having the same issue. Moves out of the way for about a 1 second, the resumes printing without me telling it to resume. Any fixes to this yet? 

Edited by vanadium

I've since updated my TFT to Bigtreetech TFT35 V3 as well as my board to a SKR 1.4 Turbo. Had some very smart people help me tweak Marlin and now I am pausing at height. It's all about the TFT screen

On 3/21/2020 at 12:09 AM, Smashby said:

I've since updated my TFT to Bigtreetech TFT35 V3 as well as my board to a SKR 1.4 Turbo. Had some very smart people help me tweak Marlin and now I am pausing at height. It's all about the TFT screen

Would you mind explaining a little further? What does TFT stand for? What do you mean by "board?" Which Marlin tweaks did you make? I am having the same problem and would like to figure it out.

Yes, PauseAtHeight doesn't work well if you select "at height" but should work as expected when "by Layer" is selected.  The "gcode flavor" determines what Cura uses as the actual pause command.  For my Ender with Marlin firmware "M0" works.  For other printers it might be M25 or M226, or M1.  It all depends on the firmware.

If you are using Z-hops in Cura then "by height" doesn't work because the Z keeps moving up and down in the gcode file.  If you are using Adaptive Layers then Cura is adjusting the layer height to the model and the chances of you entering a Z value that is actually present in the file isn't good.

• Like 1

If you do a search you will see that there are more topics about "pauseatheight" not working... there are even some versions of Cura that have a non working "pauseatheight" when selected "by layer"... 😉  The team knows about this bug but it isn't that easy to solve...

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Pause at height Cura 4.3 = not working
    On 12/28/2020 at 6:22 AM, GregValiant said:

Yes, PauseAtHeight doesn't work well if you select "at height" but should work as expected when "by Layer" is selected.  The "gcode flavor" determines what Cura uses as the actual pause command.  For my Ender with Marlin firmware "M0" works.  For other printers it might be M25 or M226, or M1.  It all depends on the firmware.

If you are using Z-hops in Cura then "by height" doesn't work because the Z keeps moving up and down in the gcode file.  If you are using Adaptive Layers then Cura is adjusting the layer height to the model and the chances of you entering a Z value that is actually present in the file isn't good.

Aha, so I did in fact select "by layer." I also tried M0 as the Marlin index said M1 was deprecated. I shall try M1.

Edited by mcmuffin6o

bump

Yes, it's all about the TFT screen.  If you have one then M0 and M1 and M117 don't work because they all send messages to the display.  I just went over to the Marlin site and put in a "non-bug bug report".  I don't know if they will have anything to say because it certainly looks like a Creality issue.  Maybe they are aware of it though.

I'm sure we all have updated Cura... I didn't test this option in v4.3 but it works for me in v4.7.x (still not updated to v4.8)

Update: Updating the firmware fixed it. My printer was just ignoring the pause command!

• Like 1

What version did you update to?

On 1/7/2021 at 3:41 AM, mcmuffin6o said:

Update: Updating the firmware fixed it. My printer was just ignoring the pause command!

Which printer do you have and which version did you update to (and from)?

Shoot, sorry everyone! I have an Ender 3 Pro and I upgraded to Marlin 2.0.7.2 from whatever came with the printer.