Ultimaker 2 Extrusion Problem?

tukl

Posted · Ultimaker 2 Extrusion Problem?

Actually, it's not as much different as i thought. I'm still having some "slips" of the filament

There is still a quite big (15cm or so) distance between the bottom of the extruder box (where goes the filament) and the extruder itself, it makes tests with 1.75 filaments impossibles because it bends.

Moreover, the "top" part (the extruder motor and filament box) is shaking a little bit during print, but it doesn't seem to be a big problem.

One thing I'd like to do is ordering a new bowden tube and cut it to put it into the "second" part of the filament path.

Aonther thing I want to try is using another plunger (maybe Delrin Extruder), to test for differences

I made a YouMagine:

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker2-on-the-top-extruder-mod

(As you can see on the pictures, my part is partially broken, it does not prevent printing but maybe there is still improvements to do)

I did another try which looks good, after some discussion I eventually tried to place my spool above the printer with a camera tripod and a simple part:

Spool aboveSpool above 2Spool above 3

It seems to be a nice tweak, I'll give more feedback soon

One thing I'd like to do is ordering a new bowden tube and cut it to put it into the "second" part of the filament path.

Please update your location as to your country in your profile settings. If you are in USA I can give you some links to some "bowden material".

Hey guys,

I've recently begun experiencing major slipping on my UM2 and it's driving me nuts. After reading through all this here, no setting I make helps fix it. I've getting maybe 1/6 slip per turn with gross underextrusion as a result.

Print speed: 40-45

Layer height: 0.1

Walls 0.8 Density 15-20%

bed temp: 55

Extruder Temp: tried 210-255 (hotter seems a liiiiiiittle better but not much)

More or less flow doesn't make a difference.

Have tried moving the filament around to make sure there is no tension. It looks like the filament sometimes twists a little in the bowden when the slip occurs.

Turning the friction screw does nothing. I am using Faberdashery PLA. I've gotten the best results using their robot silver since I got the printer, switched to black for a couple prints and the problem got worse. (Seems the metallic filaments are always the best in my printer...).

Any ideas?