Jump to content

What is this called?


Recommended Posts

Posted · What is this called?

I'm getting extra material on the edge of some of my prints but cant seem to find similar pics to troubleshoot. if someone can help with what this is called/ caused from that would be appreciated. the print is https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2975429. It's most noticeable on the overhang tower and one side of the pyramid. Also I'm having random issues with layers no melding with layers beneath them. this happens towards the top of my prints.








  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · What is this called?

    It's the ender 3 pro, not sure on the material sorry not home atm, generic pla for material settings and built-in dynamic .16mm layer height profile for machine settings nothing has been changed except for combing in infill to help with stringing. Since this post I tested the extrusion and it was under by about 8mm so I've corrected that, with similar results. Someone suggested adding 1mm to the retraction settings that's the next test and will post once that's printed.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • UltiMaker Cura 5.4 stable released
        The full stable release of UltiMaker Cura 5.4 is here and it makes it easier than ever to remove brims and supports from your finished prints. UltiMaker S series users can also look forward to print profiles for our newest UltiMaker PET CF composite material!
          • Like
        • 58 replies
    • Create New...