Got my s5 it's awesome... but what is this "Printer Test" file supposed to be (used for?)

redhatmatt

Posted · Got my s5 it's awesome... but what is this "Printer Test" file supposed to be (used for?)

The s5 comes with a few printer test files one called literally "Printer Test" Mine came out looking great clearly showing the capability of the PVA included...

...however Ultimaker usually has example tests and prints that either are cool looking or serve a purpose. This isn't resembling anything cool persay so I'm hoping there's an intended use?

Thanks all... (yes I did search extensively if there's another thread on this please point me to it.)

-M

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

Posted · Got my s5 it's awesome... but what is this "Printer Test" file supposed to be (used for?)

Cool looking prints or prints that serve a purpose usually take a long time to print. This is just a test print to see if things are in working order which is printed on every printer before it leaves the factory. Some (supported) overhangs, an overhanging slope, some straight corners, some smooth curves, a bit of everything, but not something that takes too long to print.

That, or the object is the key to unlocking riches beyond mere mortal comprehension. I think it is one or the other 😉

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies