CTotten

S5 Underextrusion after Firmware Update

Posted · S5 Underextrusion after Firmware Update
16 hours ago, CTotten said:

OK, one last post today on what I have checked:

For the S5 print, 29.5cm was feed into the machine.

For the 3E print, only 26.25cm was feed into the machine.

Did you also weigh the final parts, to be absolutely sure about how much filament was used to produce each part? Might be a good check too.

46 minutes ago, SandervG said:

@CTotten, can you share a .3mf file with me so we can run a comparison test in-house? 

Sander:

This is the 1" x 1" x 0.125" box that I did the last tests on to see how much filament was sent through the machines.  Please note that the parts were pretty small, so it was hard to see each layer as it was being printed (hidden by the print head).  Also, the gaps on the first layer (3E part) are not as noticable, but they are there, and also visible on the top layer.

The original part that I was doing most of my testing with (flow rate changes, versions of Cura, etc) is basically a 2" x 3" box (about 1" tall).  I can share that one as well, if you like.  As I said, I was aborting about half way through layer 3 just so I could observe and visually compare layers 1, 2, and 3 between trials. 

Test.3MF

I would suggest to use the model that is most descriptive for your issue. If it is this one, we would happily use it. Shall we use this test cube, or do you have a better model? 

19 minutes ago, SandervG said:

Did you also weigh the final parts, to be absolutely sure about how much filament was used to produce each part? Might be a good check too.

I tried, but my scale does not read out below a gram.  As these parts are pretty small, they both read out at 2 grams.

5 minutes ago, SandervG said:

I would suggest to use the model that is most descriptive for your issue. If it is this one, we would happily use it. Shall we use this test cube, or do you have a better model? 

This is the part most of my testing was done with. 

Tray.3MF