Posted · Mark 2 With Cura 4.4

I had a mishap with my hard drive so had to install Cura so decided to go for the latest, it took a few attempts for cura to slice a model for the Mark 2 I think the heads were disabled (?)  any ways I got cura to slice but when I look at the printer under preferences machine setting there is a start script for the printer and end script but when I select extruder 1 or 2 there are no scripts just material ,diameter (2.85) nozzle offset X 0.0 Y 0.0 cooling fan number,, no  nozzle sizes nothing is this correct, sorry for the vagueness but did use the UM2 much lately but now need it.. any advise welcome

12 hours ago, bob-hepple said:

when I select extruder 1 or 2 there are no scripts just material ,diameter (2.85) nozzle offset X 0.0 Y 0.0 cooling fan number,, no  nozzle sizes nothing is this correct

i think so...

• extruder specific scripts are not needed (what would you expect there....?
  • and i guess (not sure) the nozzle diameter is hidden, because there are several pre-defined "variants" for each extruder (which can be selected from the drop-down list in the settings panel)

tinkergnome

thanks for the reply, I think I was thrown a little by the little information on screen,  I seem to remember possibly  nozzle diameters,  but I am probably wrong,  I know the nozzle size is in advanced and found that setting in latest cura,, as I said many times I have not used cura or my UM2 for a long time and just trying to setup now in latest software, thanks for the advise I think it wont be the last time I ask, as setting up my Mark 2 I find difficult..