RyanParle

Print Profiles not supported cura 4.4

Posted (edited) · Print Profiles not supported cura 4.4

I've just upgraded from Cura 4.3 to cura 4.4 and found that my profiles have disapeared from the profile dropdown menu, they are still in the profile management list but all have "-not supported" as a suffix.

I've put a lot of time in to my print profiles and would be a bit upset to loose all my work, can anyone advise what can be done to restore my profiles?

Cura1.PNG

Cura2.thumb.PNG.f351ee713b87b020751dc12b120ea664.PNG

Edited by RyanParle

Posted · Print Profiles not supported cura 4.4

No worries, you didn't lose all your work. The not supported thing is added if your machine says it has quality profiles per variant / material, but it can't actually find one.

So could you try switching material and / or nozzle?

If that still doesn't work, could you share your configuration folder with me?

Thanks, so yeah changing to another material (A PLA that I have added) repopulated the profiles in the dropdown menu, I now see that when I select other materials that I have added such as ST-PLA or PLA+ they are highlighted in orange when selected from the dropdown list. Is this simply happening because I have effectively created a new unrecognised material by adding them as ST-PLA & PLA+?

How would I go about fixing this? should I simply re list these materials as PLA?

Another thing I notice is that Cura seems to lock up for 5-10 seconds every time I either change between materials or print profiles, any idea what may cause this?

And to add, some of my project files created in cura 4.3 all with a specific printer make cura crash, funny thing is the custom printer gets added before cura crashes. Did send the crash reports.