trygdekontoret

Infill is not sliced and printed every layer

Posted · Infill is not sliced and printed every layer

Just noticed after all my prints turns out to have very bad infill that cura 4.4 slices and prints all the infill with one "pause" layer(see attached picture). Is there a reason for this and how can i edit this so it prints support every layer? this really messes up all my prints where i need infill. Infill density is set to 1% and ive tried several other settings including pattern, line multiplier and thickness.

any tips or solution is greatly appreciated

Merknad 2019-11-23 185651.png

Please save the project (File -> Save) and attach the .3mf file to this thread so we can check it out.

You're using zigzag infill pattern that prints alternate layers in different directions. Because the infill density is so low (you're using 1%) there's going to be a lot of air under each infill line. 1% gyroid infill does a better job (I think) but will still have problems at the top of the print where those rectangular skin areas are as they and the walls around them will be printed on air. You are going to need more infill to print those areas.

Screenshot_2019-11-23_20-51-51.thumb.png.f5524eb79f36d467ca2af31c962d30d2.png

Screenshot_2019-11-23_20-52-43.thumb.png.824f3ccdfab1e66a08f6b8de44c45b48.png

gotcha. Ye noticed zigzag has alternate layers even at 30% infill but others like grid or gyroid has every layer. Top part as you say has too little support iknow but this isnt going to be an issue for me 😉 Thanks for replying anyway!