Mark 2 and Cura Help Aprreciated

Posted · Mark 2 and Cura Help Aprreciated

I'm having a problem in that for some reason when the head changes to second head on first layer,  it goes across the print then goes to prime tower, I checked the Gcode in S3D and there is no Movement to this point,  I also checked it in cura and it does not show this move, is there anything in the Firmware that specifies a move like this,  after the first layers everything is fine, I show the first layer and marked in red is where the head goes from picking up. 

Any advise welcome Im stumped..

InkedCura Screen_LI.jpg

Cura always adds a (superfluous) move to the last x/y position of the previous extruder. You can't see it in gcode preview, because it's the exact same position where the previous move ended - but it's definitely in the gcode file.

In former versions of Cura this was the case on every tool change - so i appreciate it as an improvement that it only happens on the first layer... 😊

One could probably get rid of it with a post-processing script (like in the good ol' days...), but this needs someone who knows how Cura internally works nowadays... 🤷‍♂️

Tinkergnome 

as always thank you for your reply,  can I ask the firmware version I'm running is 17.09.  I checked your GitHub Mark2 Page and you have version 19.03 is it worth upgrading to this, and if I do would I have to recalibrate the Mk2,, also I have a menu option of Prime / Wipe position and it was set at X 105.00  Y27.00 which I changed as a test to X111.00 Y87.00 which might of helped, or am I just kidding myself??  but do I need this option??

4 hours ago, bob-hepple said:

version 19.03 is it worth upgrading to this

probably not... 🙂 most of the differences are only "adopted" code refactoring that Ultimaker did last year.

Functional changes are marginal (if any).

Anyway - you'll not lose any settings if you install 19.03 over 17.09.

4 hours ago, bob-hepple said:

I changed as a test to X111.00 Y87.00 which might of helped, or am I just kidding myself?

Well, the contemplated wiper never made it to a reliable working state, that means the position only defines the x/y coordinate, where the nozzle goes to (or "parks", if it needs some time to re-heat after a tool change).

If it works better for your special case - why not?

Personally i would rather manually edit the gcode file, 'cause i would not like to change the setting on the printer for each particular model.

But i think, every approach that makes a print better is allowed... 🙂

Good luck!