2nd Layer above raft is missing

Timmaeae

Posted · 2nd Layer above raft is missing

Hello, everyone,

I have a problem with slicing when I use a raft.

No matter how thick I make the raft, the second or third layer over the raft gets lost.

I lose the connection between the layers and the pressure goes into the pants.

Do you have this problem too? Does anyone know the problem ?

Hello I actually never printed with a raft. But as far as I know it is normal that there is a gap between the raft and the part, without it it would be impossible to remove the raft of the part... 

I think I have read somewhere that this gap can be configured in Cura, but as I never used it I can not give an advice on the optimal gap. (between support and print the gap is 1 layer)

I looked in Cura and found that:

image.thumb.png.64abdbf67a93f3b55ab31c163d11f152.png

By default the gap is 0.3mm. I would try reducing it to 0.2 and then adjust if necessary,

• 3 years later...
    Posted (edited) · 2nd Layer above raft is missing

Hi

I have the same problem. The Air Gap is on both Material set to 0, but the support Material is not generated for the first Layer. I hope someone can help to solve this issue.

Screenshot 2022-12-13 125031.jpg

I have now seen that every second layer is missing. With the support structure for the part, however, every layer is printed. Where is the setting that every layer is printed on the prime tower for the support Material?

Cura 5.2.1

Screenshot 2022-12-13 130549.jpg

Edited by HFJuli
    additional info

Hey @HFJuli,

I recognize your issue, we've seen a similar report on our Ultimaker Cura Github.
    https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/13713

We've added a ticket to the backlog with the intent to improve this soon. 

I'll add your file as a testcase to see if the fix works. 

Thanks for the report! 👍 

Posted (edited) · 2nd Layer above raft is missing

@HFJuli in the meantime try setting your "Initial Layer Height" the same as your layer height.  I played with it a bit and that seemed to get the air gap to 1 layer high.  (I was unable to get it down to 0 though.)

Edit:  An Initial Layer Height of 0.01 may work.  There was still an air gap of 0.20 to the support but the preview shows the model with no air gap.

Edited by GregValiant

Okay thank you people.

I hope they can fix this problem soon. 

Hello

I get a message that this problem is fixed in Cura 5.3.

But its still not working. What do I need to set to make it work?

Hey @HFJuli,

I just tested the model mentioned above and it seems to work for me:

image.gif.cc5f8430df63c88b01e3298017a44484.gif

The issue was resolved during the Beta period, so the fix is not present in the Alpha or Beta. 
    Are you sure you are on 5.3 stable? You can download it here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases/tag/5.3.0