Ultimaker 5S Bundle delayed again. Now til February?

SubmarinePilot

Posted · Ultimaker 5S Bundle delayed again. Now til February?

Was needing to get a printer for work and was looking at the Ultimaker 5S.  Saw there was an issue with the firmware for some of the bundled parts.  Was supposed to be shipping next week and now I have been told it is delayed until February from one of the largest sellers in the U.S.

Totally disappointed.  

2 hours ago, lrodriguez said:

This is not accurate. We will have an status update Monday.

Please do.  I am in the same boat as SubmarinePilot.  A little clarity would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jared

Hi @Elfonerio,

We should release a new firmware today for the Ultimaker S5 and the Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle. This means that if you already own an Ultimaker Pro Bundle, you will be able to start using it. If you ordered one, but haven't received it yet, it means it is going to be shipped to you.

Practical information that might concern you; If you own or receive an Ultimaker S5 (Pro Bundle) it's good to check what firmware it is running on. If it is 'old' firmware, such as 5.0.X or 5.1.X, it must be updated via the stepping stone version. This is not new information per se, but I figured it's worth stressing again. Specific instructions on how to update your machine, and the files you need, can be found on this page: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/52601-update-the-ultimaker-s5-firmware 

Note: It will be updated accordingly when the firmware has been released. 

Thank you for your time and patience, have a good day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SandervG said:

Hi @Elfonerio,

We should release a new firmware today for the Ultimaker S5 and the Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle. This means that if you already own an Ultimaker Pro Bundle, you will be able to start using it. If you ordered one, but haven't received it yet, it means it is going to be shipped to you.

Practical information that might concern you; If you own or receive an Ultimaker S5 (Pro Bundle) it's good to check what firmware it is running on. If it is 'old' firmware, such as 5.0.X or 5.1.X, it must be updated via the stepping stone version. This is not new information per se, but I figured it's worth stressing again. Specific instructions on how to update your machine, and the files you need, can be found on this page: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/52601-update-the-ultimaker-s5-firmware 

Note: It will be updated accordingly when the firmware has been released. 

Thank you for your time and patience, have a good day.

Great news, thanks for the update!  Looking forward to receiving the bundle and putting it to use.

Thanks,

-Jared

Guys, @SandervG and team.

I ordered an air manager, I was told UM is currently fulfilling BUNDLE orders and the separate components are not shipping yet?

can you please confirm how accurate or not accurate this is? I ordered on the day after the release from Dynamism. 

Thank you

Hi @BiMNrd, my apologies for my late reply. I've just returned from my holidays. 

Eventually it will be a resellers choice but I don't think priorities like this exist. We provide our resellers with the products they request and they ship them out. The products/boxes are all the same, whether they are bought as a bundle or Air Manager alone as example. 

Have you gotten an update from your reseller in the meantime, or have you received your order by now? Thank you. 

It shipped this week as much nagging on my part. They told me UM was holding up air manager order. Lets see.

Honestly the relleser model is outdated. You guys need to sell direct.

Hi

Ordered mine S5 Bundle just over two weeks ago. The printer got here in two days. The rest of the bundle shipped end of last week.  It's out for delivery today .....

Bob

I finally received mine last week. Its working okay.

It is more of an extraction hood, than a temp control device. Nylon stil warps. lets try ABS soon.

28 minutes ago, BiMNrd said:

It is more of an extraction hood, than a temp control device. Nylon stil warps. lets try ABS soon.

Something i found out recently is that you can change the build chamber temp in cura (max 50°C).  Which helps with ABS alot.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 5S Bundle delayed again. Now til February?
    10 minutes ago, Elfonerio said:

Something i found out recently is that you can change the build chamber temp in cura (max 50°C).  Which helps with ABS alot.

Hi

..... and where did they hide that feature?

=====

Poke poke poke ..... go to settings and under "material" enable "build volume temperature". It's not enabled when you are set to "expert" mode .

Bob

Edited by uncle_bob

1 hour ago, Elfonerio said:

Yes, keep things warm and turns off the hood fan. 

I was expecting that it would allow the chamber for get warmer.. (maybe just disconnect the cable) 

I am using magigoo* and cant get nylonx to stick with a skirt. Maybe nylonx just need a brim. Which btw, with a bring it printer w no warping and the chamber set to 50c.

Edited by BiMNrd

8 minutes ago, BiMNrd said:

I am using magicgood and cant get nylonx to stick with a skirt.

I assume you mean Magigoo PA? It should not be a problem with that one if you use a brim. Did you clean the glass plate before applying Magigoo PA?

Edited by Dim3nsioneer

1 hour ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

I assume you mean Magigoo PA? It should not be a problem with that one if you use a brim. Did you clean the glass plate before applying Magigoo PA?

Im not sure if its "PA" or not, but yes I cleaned the glass. The part printed was the size of two credit cards amd approx. 25mm tall. 

20200120_085439.jpg

The air manager can get loud, but for most of the time, it does attenuate the printers normal sound. Made it quieter.

Hi

My problem is that the printer is to quiet. I can't tell if it's running or not when I'm in the next room. With most printers, I can tell if I'm on the same floor of the building 🙂

Bob