Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
  • Sign Up
Turan

conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

Hi,

 

My sd card holder  is not working such that my laptop cannot read the SD card, so I cannot connect the sd card to laptop. However, there is a connector from 3d printer to the laptop. How can I use it? I want to transfer file to the 3d printer? What are the other options? Can I send my file to the 3d printer and then disconnect the laptop? is there any easy way?

Thanks

Edited by Turan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

When you connect the laptop via USB cable, then you print from your laptop. So be careful to not disconnect it or let it go to sleep. It is not a good idea to go that way, but your only way if your SD card is not working.

 

As far as I know your printer has no internal storage, so just sending the file to the printer via USB is not possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card
28 minutes ago, Smithy said:

When you connect the laptop via USB cable, then you print from your laptop. So be careful to not disconnect it or let it go to sleep. It is not a good idea to go that way, but your only way if your SD card is not working.

 

As far as I know your printer has no internal storage, so just sending the file to the printer via USB is not possible.

Thanks Smithy

 

I have one more question. When I attach the empty slot to the laptop it recognizes it, however, when I put sd card inside the slot the laptop cannot show it.

The sd card works inside 3d printer. So, could we conclude that the problem is with the slot itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card
28 minutes ago, Smithy said:

When you connect the laptop via USB cable, then you print from your laptop. So be careful to not disconnect it or let it go to sleep. It is not a good idea to go that way, but your only way if your SD card is not working.

 

As far as I know your printer has no internal storage, so just sending the file to the printer via USB is not possible.

Thanks Smithy

 

I have one more question. When I attach the empty slot to the laptop it recognizes it, however, when I put sd card inside the slot the laptop cannot show it.

The sd card works inside 3d printer. So, could we conclude that the problem is with the slot itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

When the SD card is working in the printer but not on the laptop, it could be that the sd card is formatted in a way, the laptop cannot read. But it is unlikely, normally the laptop reads nearly everything. 

 

But try another SD card, it is the easiest way. Maybe reformat it on the laptop to FAT32 and give it a try.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card
5 minutes ago, Smithy said:

When the SD card is working in the printer but not on the laptop, it could be that the sd card is formatted in a way, the laptop cannot read. But it is unlikely, normally the laptop reads nearly everything. 

 

But try another SD card, it is the easiest way. Maybe reformat it on the laptop to FAT32 and give it a try.

Thanks

Another one is also not working. Formatting by itself? If it is formatted then it still works on 3d printer right?

Actually, normal usb's work in the laptop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

I have the feeling you mix things or I don't not understand it correctly. So to be sure, we are talking about SD cards and not USB. You have on your printer a slot where you insert the SD card and you have a similar slot on your laptop to insert the SD card, right? Or if you don't have a slot on your laptop, then you have an external USB SD card reader, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

I have a slot that I put micro sd card in it and then enter it to laptop.

Then, I just use that sd card for 3d printer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

Maybe this adapter has a problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

I use another adaptor. It started working first and then after an hour it cannot be read also!!

the previous one works for a 6 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

Ok, so when I summarize it, then your printer is working and also the SD card itself. You can print from the SD card, but your laptop cannot read the SD card, also not with another adapter.

 

I would next check if it works on another computer if you have the possibility. I guess you have some problem with your laptop, maybe a driver issue for the card reader or something like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card
4 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Ok, so when I summarize it, then your printer is working and also the SD card itself. You can print from the SD card, but your laptop cannot read the SD card, also not with another adapter.

 

I would next check if it works on another computer if you have the possibility. I guess you have some problem with your laptop, maybe a driver issue for the card reader or something like that. 

I checked with another laptop. It does not work. It seems that the micro card itself works but the sd card holder does not work since the second one also is not new. Other USBs work well in my laptop.

One more question.  I put sd card in 3d printer and it works. When I took it off it still continues printing ! Why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · conncet laptop to creality 3d printer without SC card

Maybe your printer caches some lines of the gcode, but I don't think that the whole gcode is copied to the printer before the print starts. But it depends on your printer, but normally when printing via sd card, it is printer directly from the card.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...