ManuHC

Titan extruder clone upgrade & skils

Posted · Titan extruder clone upgrade & skils

Hi,
I just installed an e3d Titan clone 1.75 on my ultimaker 2 as a last test before returning to the original condition ...
Because of a thousand printing problems that is making me crazy LOL

I wanted to ask you some tips on the system and on the precautions to be taken
I have already configured steps, speeds, uploads etc by editing the fw 2.1 Marlin but maybe some notions or details may have escaped me

Thanks a lot

Manuel

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-11 at 13.39.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-09 at 12.49.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-11 at 13.39.48.jpeg

I use Originale titan extruder and V6 hotend on my UMO, but it is 2.85 mm.

The one thing wich is tricky is the retraction settings, it should be set to 2.5mm or lower, otherwise you have a risk of molten PLA sticking to the heatbreak.

And sometimes I hear like a tick from the extruder, i lowered le Esteps/mm a bit (from 418 steps /mm to 410) and now it is almost gone and I did'nt notice any underextrusion, exept on parts with many retracts... So I am still tuning it.

On My second UMO I am prepering an upgrade to bring the spool over the printer and shorten the Bowden to haw less friction and elasticity. Hope this will help-

Your hotend holder and part cooler look pretty good, did you take it on internet or is it costum made? Would you mind to share the files with me?

16 minutes ago, Curven said:

I use Originale titan extruder and V6 hotend on my UMO, but it is 2.85 mm.

The one thing wich is tricky is the retraction settings, it should be set to 2.5mm or lower, otherwise you have a risk of molten PLA sticking to the heatbreak.

And sometimes I hear like a tick from the extruder, i lowered le Esteps/mm a bit (from 418 steps /mm to 410) and now it is almost gone and I did'nt notice any underextrusion, exept on parts with many retracts... So I am still tuning it.

On My second UMO I am prepering an upgrade to bring the spool over the printer and shorten the Bowden to haw less friction and elasticity. Hope this will help-

Your hotend holder and part cooler look pretty good, did you take it on internet or is it costum made? Would you mind to share the files with me?

Hi CURVEN,
All the files now I found on thingiverse because wanting to do various tests on which upgrades.the fan holders were made by a friend of mine who then sold me the printer :) here they are...

Anyway yes I am also thinking to change everything and turn the bowden into a direct extruder with the 17 pancake you know?
do you know if anyone has made this change?

supporto_ventola_diego.stl