Cannot connect UMS3 with cloud connect

revolver

Posted · Cannot connect UMS3 with cloud connect

I'm having the same problem with my UMS3. I've tried all the solutions listed above and nothing has worked. I've tried connecting on my phone and I see the wifi hotspot and select it, but when I open a browser (I've tried two) there's no prompt to connect the printer. I've restarted the printer numerous times, done a full factory reset, and even reloaded the firmware, even though the most up-to-date firmware was already installed. On my phone I've tried restarting the phone, clearing my browser history, even typing in the IP address manually. No difference.

The printer works fine over Ethernet, but that's not a practical permanent solution.

I've attached my log files below.

Ultimaker Log Files.zip

On 6/30/2020 at 3:42 AM, vosepherus said:

I'm having the same problem with my UMS3. I've tried all the solutions listed above and nothing has worked. I've tried connecting on my phone and I see the wifi hotspot and select it, but when I open a browser (I've tried two) there's no prompt to connect the printer. I've restarted the printer numerous times, done a full factory reset, and even reloaded the firmware, even though the most up-to-date firmware was already installed. On my phone I've tried restarting the phone, clearing my browser history, even typing in the IP address manually. No difference.

The printer works fine over Ethernet, but that's not a practical permanent solution.

I've attached my log files below.

Ultimaker Log Files.zip 43.73 kB · 1 download

Thanks for uploading the logs, I have sent those do the firmware team so they can further investigate the WiFi issues.

• 4 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Cannot connect UMS3 with cloud connect

Im having this issue with my Ultimaker 3. It take me into a loop where I try to connect and never connects to the cloud. I can see it from my phone app on the network, but never am able to connect it to my digital factory.

image.thumb.png.7e556c705f5c9570f541e2e403b5ad0c.png

Edited by 3dprntz

5 hours ago, 3dprntz said:

Im having this issue with my Ultimaker 3. It take me into a loop where I try to connect and never connects to the cloud. I can see it from my phone app on the network, but never am able to connect it to my digital factory.

image.thumb.png.7e556c705f5c9570f541e2e403b5ad0c.png

Hi,

So what you're saying is that you see this screen, but the printer is not visible on digitalfactory.ultimaker.com?

Which firmware version do you have installed on your Ultimaker 3?

Could you send me the printer logs (exportable from the display to USB)?

Chris

6 hours ago, ctbeke said:

Hi,

So what you're saying is that you see this screen, but the printer is not visible on digitalfactory.ultimaker.com?

Which firmware version do you have installed on your Ultimaker 3?

Could you send me the printer logs (exportable from the display to USB)?

Chris

Yes, I try connecting the printer but I always reach this screen and I don't see my printer connected. I installed the most recent firmware a couple weeks ago. But, I'll get the logs and post them here when I get home.

Ultimaker 3 Log files.zip

Here are the log files. I also noticed in the past couple of days that the screen is split in half of the display. It goes away once I restart the printer. Is there a way to resolve that?

IMG_0916.JPG

On 11/21/2020 at 5:10 PM, 3dprntz said:

Ultimaker 3 Log files.zip 819.95 kB · 1 download

Here are the log files. I also noticed in the past couple of days that the screen is split in half of the display. It goes away once I restart the printer. Is there a way to resolve that?

IMG_0916.JPG

Hi @3dprntz,

I've read through the log files and can't really find anything obviously wrong in them. There's not error messages related to the cloud connection. Furthermore in our cloud back-end logging I can see that the printer successfully connects. Could you try the following steps for me to see if it shows up on digitalfactory.ultimaker.com?

1) Remove the printer from your account (on https://digitalfactory.ultimaker.com/app/printers, on the printer tile menu select "remove from account")

2) Perform a factory reset on the printer (via the settings menu on the display).

3) Go through the connection flow again now that all software should be in a clean state.

4) If it still doesn't show up, please send me the logs again.

Regarding the display, it's best to contact first-line support at your Ultimaker reseller. It might be a firmware or hardware problem, and they are equipped with handling these scenarios.

Chris

Hi there,

My UM3 Extended doesn't want to connect to anything remotely anymore. It all started with that the Cloud Connect stopped to work, but Cura and the Ultimaker Android app could still connect to the printer. Then Cura gave up its connection to the printer. And now the Android app has lost its connection as well.

In the first scenario, where  only Cloud Connect did not work, i tried to connect the printer with the cloud but the process got stuck as shown in image below. (I did this several times from both phone and computer and it always stopped here and I let it load for looong loong time.)

Screenshot_98.png.8cab3b859b19a3451ce5ed3f4cab9345.png

I have made factory resents several times, set up new Wifi connections, positioned the printer at different locations in the house (even 1 meter from the router), and nothing solves the issue. The printer says that it is connected to the Wifi and the internet works perfectly otherwise.

What is the reason for this issue and what can I do? 

Please see log-files attached.

Thanks in advance,
    Martin

LogFilesUM3X.zip

12 hours ago, TOP3D said:

Hi there,

My UM3 Extended doesn't want to connect to anything remotely anymore. It all started with that the Cloud Connect stopped to work, but Cura and the Ultimaker Android app could still connect to the printer. Then Cura gave up its connection to the printer. And now the Android app has lost its connection as well.

In the first scenario, where  only Cloud Connect did not work, i tried to connect the printer with the cloud but the process got stuck as shown in image below. (I did this several times from both phone and computer and it always stopped here and I let it load for looong loong time.)

Screenshot_98.png.8cab3b859b19a3451ce5ed3f4cab9345.png

I have made factory resents several times, set up new Wifi connections, positioned the printer at different locations in the house (even 1 meter from the router), and nothing solves the issue. The printer says that it is connected to the Wifi and the internet works perfectly otherwise.

What is the reason for this issue and what can I do? 

Please see log-files attached.

Thanks in advance,
    Martin

LogFilesUM3X.zip 139.36 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Martin,

Thanks for contacting us and uploading the logs.

In the logs I could see several networking related errors, for example an invalid IP address, and a "gaierror" (which indicates that somehow the DNS is not resolving properly). We have seen this before on printers when for example they get assigned a new IP address by the router while being used.

We have seen these issues before in other networks, but usually a factory reset resolves them. Maybe you can try using a LAN cable to see if it's a WiFi problem? As a last resort you could also try to re-install the latest firmware (via USB).

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Everything  (android app, cura and cloud) actually seems to work when using a cable but unfortunately that will not work for future use (it has to be connected wirelessly). I've performed the tasks below and after that the Ultimaker-app is running properly on the phone but the printer still doesn't show up in Cura nor wants to connect to the cloud. Same image of endless looping appears as is attached in previous post.

The steps i've performed just before i created the attached log files are the following:

1. reset cura connect

2. factory reset

3. set up new wifi connection

4. connect printer with Ultimaker app for Android

5. connect printer with cloud (this doesn't work)

Please let me know if you can see something in the log-file and what you would suggest as next steps.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

UM3X_logfiles2.zip

20 hours ago, TOP3D said:

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Everything  (android app, cura and cloud) actually seems to work when using a cable but unfortunately that will not work for future use (it has to be connected wirelessly). I've performed the tasks below and after that the Ultimaker-app is running properly on the phone but the printer still doesn't show up in Cura nor wants to connect to the cloud. Same image of endless looping appears as is attached in previous post.

The steps i've performed just before i created the attached log files are the following:

1. reset cura connect

2. factory reset

3. set up new wifi connection

4. connect printer with Ultimaker app for Android

5. connect printer with cloud (this doesn't work)

Please let me know if you can see something in the log-file and what you would suggest as next steps.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

UM3X_logfiles2.zip 39.38 kB · 0 downloads

Hi,

The logs are not very conclusive, but I think due to network issues with the WiFi, somehow the printer is now in an incorrect state in terms of network/cloud connections. Probably best it to perform a factory reset via the display and then try again.

Why the WiFi connection didn't work properly I can't really say, there's a lot of stuff that can happen on the network infrastructure side there, from (too) short IP leases to firewalls. Probably best to investigate this with your IT department.

Chris

Thanks again Chris for your response.

Yes exactly, it really feels like the printer is in an incorrect state of some sort. It doesn't seem like the factory reset actually is resetting the whole printer in terms of connections since the same problem remains even after several factory resets. Is there another way to fully clear the connection history in the whole printer and start from absolute scratch?

The printer is connected to a home network so the infrastructure is relatively easy regarding firewalls etc.. Everything worked fine for years until just a few weeks ago. We're a small business and unfortunately we don't have any IT-department.

BR,
    Martin

10 hours ago, TOP3D said:

Is there another way to fully clear the connection history in the whole printer and start from absolute scratch?

You could re-flash the firmware from an SD card in the bottom of the printer, but it seems that currently those images are not available on our website (I will ask support what's going on there).

11 hours ago, TOP3D said:

The printer is connected to a home network so the infrastructure is relatively easy regarding firewalls etc.. Everything worked fine for years until just a few weeks ago.

Usually normal home router setups work fine indeed.

For some debugging, could you navigate to http://PRINTER_IP/cloud_disconnect and follow that flow to ensure the printer is properly disconnected before starting a new connection flow? If possible, record some video or screenshots for me.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sounds great to try another kind of reset, please let me know when you know more about that process. 🙂 

I can absolutely record a video and take screenshots during the debugging, but I don't really understand how and when to navigate to "http://PRINTER_IP/cloud_disconnect"? I just made another factory reset from the printer display and then tried to open "http://PRINTER_IP/cloud_disconnect" on the computer in Google Chrome but it says that the website cannot be reached. Same message in normal mode and in incognito mode. Guess I do something wrong?

Best regards,

Martin

image.thumb.png.851af12f9194ce0336a7950b0d2d8e1b.png

11 minutes ago, TOP3D said:

Hi Chris,

Sounds great to try another kind of reset, please let me know when you know more about that process. 🙂 

I can absolutely record a video and take screenshots during the debugging, but I don't really understand how and when to navigate to "http://PRINTER_IP/cloud_disconnect"? I just made another factory reset from the printer display and then tried to open "http://PRINTER_IP/cloud_disconnect" on the computer in Google Chrome but it says that the website cannot be reached. Same message in normal mode and in incognito mode. Guess I do something wrong?

Best regards,

Martin

image.thumb.png.851af12f9194ce0336a7950b0d2d8e1b.png

did you replace PRINTER_IP with the actual IP address of the printer on your local network?

Hi Chris,

Thanks, I didn't. I j´have done it now and performed a new factory reset and setup of connections. Please see attached PDF. Unfortunately the problem with the endless looping still remains. Could it be an issue in my Ultimaker account? The printer seems to work fine and the Ultimaker Android app too.

Step-by-step-connection_issues.pdf

image.thumb.png.ae41810bf73721d70db74623417bd6aa.png

Regards,

Martin

16 minutes ago, TOP3D said:

Hi Chris,

Thanks, I didn't. I j´have done it now and performed a new factory reset and setup of connections. Please see attached PDF. Unfortunately the problem with the endless looping still remains. Could it be an issue in my Ultimaker account? The printer seems to work fine and the Ultimaker Android app too.

Step-by-step-connection_issues.pdf 155.13 kB · 0 downloads

image.thumb.png.ae41810bf73721d70db74623417bd6aa.png

Regards,

Martin

Hi

Seems like there's something really wrong with the WiFi stack on this printer then. At this point I would advice to contact your Ultimaker reseller and request a new main board and WiFi module. They can assist you in the replacement process as well.

Chris

I've still had the same problem too. Tried the same thing many times, and I think Im going to first change my router network and modem, then try again. Im thinking the xfinity modem network that I am using is messing with my accessibility.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:42 PM, 3dprntz said:

I've still had the same problem too. Tried the same thing many times, and I think Im going to first change my router network and modem, then try again. Im thinking the xfinity modem network that I am using is messing with my accessibility.

It would be great if you could upload or DM me some printer logs. The more logging we have from customers, the better we'll be able to find a solution (if it's a printer firmware issue).

I found out it was my router/modem from xfinity. Realized that I couldn't share information across computers on my network and the utlimaker wasn't connecting to the cloud. Had to reset the connection settings but it worked.

• Like 1