Natural PVA and high-temp materials

aag

Posted (edited) · Natural PVA and high-temp materials

I have two simple questions:

• I have seen on some vendor sites that UM commercializes both "PVA" and "Natural PVA". "Natural PVA" appears to cost 50% more than "PVA", but I couldn't find any info on whether it offers any advantages. Do you know?
  • I need to print some stuff that should be as temperature-stable as possible. I understand that thermoplastics are, by definition, limited in their thermostability. What is the most thermostable material that one can print with an UM S5?

many thanks in advance for any info and thoughts that you might have!

Edited by aag

Posted · Natural PVA and high-temp materials
    41 minutes ago, aag said:

I have seen on some vendor sites that UM commercializes both "PVA" and "Natural PVA". "Natural PVA" appears to cost 50% more than "PVA", but I couldn't find any info on whether it offers any advantages. Do you know?

As far as I know there is only one PVA, sometimes called PVA, sometimes called Natural PVA. 

But UM offers two spool sizes, 350g (or 300 ?) and 750g. 

Posted · Natural PVA and high-temp materials

Good idea, it is ca. Eur 88.- which is a good price for 750g of PVA.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies