sundown57

scale multiple files all the same

Posted · scale multiple files all the same

I want to print a model that has about 30 STL files that need to be printed separately then all glued together. One file is too large for my printer so I want scale it down to fit. My question is how can I scale all the other files by the same amount so they will fit when I assemble it ?  

I don't know any shortcuts but when you scale there are 2 ways - by distance or by percentage.  Make sure the scale "lock" symbol is locked and scale by a percentage then use the same percentage for all the other STL files.  For example 81% could be the scale for all the STL files.

Note that cura remembers the scale so you can go back and scale a part and if it was already scaled then it shows that value.

11 minutes ago, gr5 said:

I don't know any shortcuts but when you scale there are 2 ways - by distance or by percentage.  Make sure the scale "lock" symbol is locked and scale by a percentage then use the same percentage for all the other STL files.  For example 81% could be the scale for all the STL files.

Note that cura remembers the scale so you can go back and scale a part and if it was already scaled then it shows that value.

ok well I figured that part out. super simple now that I see how. Now that I scaled it down and the 3 axes are smaller them my build area that part still is out side the grid .  

You can switch to the other icon on the left side that lets you move the part(s) around.

If you have a lot of parts (like say 10 or 100) you can group them and move them that way.