what creates these little bumps in the outer shell

Error404

Posted · what creates these little bumps in the outer shell

I have tested different cooling %, different filament temperatures, and different filaments brands, but it doesn't seem to completely eliminate it. The photo below shows it clearly due to the PLA being shiny.... when using other PLAs it's  not as noticeable... but it's there.

BTW, it happens in the same spots every time... so I'm imagining it's part of the cura path that creates the condition (I just don't know which setting to adjust).

Any ideas?

Thanks  

image.thumb.png.3eeafbbaf45c7c6c01ff0a2a80f394a4.png

I guess this are starting points of travel moves and the bumps are the rest of the oozing nozzle.

So check and play with your retract settings and try to turn off "Combing" or enable "Coasting", which could help.

Normally I have such results only with PETG, not with PLA.

Posted (edited) · what creates these little bumps in the outer shell
    On 1/4/2020 at 1:54 PM, Smithy said:

I guess this are starting points of travel moves and the bumps are the rest of the oozing nozzle.

So check and play with your retract settings and try to turn off "Combing" or enable "Coasting", which could help.

Normally I have such results only with PETG, not with PLA.

Thanks I will try Coasting (Combing is off already).  I increased retraction from 5mm to 8mm and the speed from 45 to 50.

Edited by Error404

On 1/6/2020 at 12:43 PM, Error404 said:

Thanks I will try Coasting (Combing is off already).  I increased retraction from 5mm to 8mm and the speed from 45 to 50.

Did that fix it?

53 minutes ago, ChaseAteIt said:

Did that fix it?

Couple of things...

One, I switched to the metallic filament (since it's the one that shows the most) and I experienced a nozzle blockage right away that made my bowden tube pop out. After that I decided, It was not worth it using that filament (second time it happens to me).

So I tried Coasting on a new model that I needed to print and it was like 99% gone. I might try re printing the same model as the one that I posted to see how it looks, but my time is limited during the week. If I try it will be the weekend