Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
  • Sign Up
twlum

Dump Lulzbot Cura?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Dump Lulzbot Cura?

Has anyone dumped Lulzbot Cura and successfully just run Cura for their Lulzbot printers? Wanting to simplify things and trying to keep track of various settings and manage materialas as well as printer settings is a bit of a hassle. Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Dump Lulzbot Cura?

Hi

 

I have never done it for Lulzbot, but I have done it for other brands. There certainly is a way to do it. In most cases it's been a three steps forward / two steps back sort of thing. You loose some stuff they coded into their version and need to compensate. The only way I've ever done it is to just try it and see.

 

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Dump Lulzbot Cura?

I switched over from Lulzbot Cura and am trying to teach myself how to make a compatible profile package. I even am able to print 1.75, 2.85 and 3.00 filaments with the stock Taz 5 all metal hot end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Dump Lulzbot Cura?
On 1/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, twlum said:

Has anyone dumped Lulzbot Cura and successfully just run Cura for their Lulzbot printers? Wanting to simplify things and trying to keep track of various settings and manage materialas as well as printer settings is a bit of a hassle. Any advice?

 

Hi there twlum.  Did you ever work out if you could ditch CURA LE?  I just tried the latest greatest CURA and I love it but zero profiles for Lulzbot.  I'm looking for specific features that are missing from the LE edition....

 

I tried to move the various settings profiles stl etc over but great fat crash.  I'm trying to diagnose but it's all double dutch.

 

So, short version - how did you get on?

Edited by TurboTas
spelling....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Dump Lulzbot Cura?
On 5/18/2020 at 5:44 AM, Scotty-G said:

I switched over from Lulzbot Cura and am trying to teach myself how to make a compatible profile package. I even am able to print 1.75, 2.85 and 3.00 filaments with the stock Taz 5 all metal hot end.

Hi there Scotty - 

Do you have any resources you could recommend or would you be prepared to share your work as a start for ten for me - I have a TAZ6 I'd love to use with proper CURA?  If I bring in the current CURA LE printer settings, I get a big messy python crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Dump Lulzbot Cura?
On 5/28/2020 at 3:09 PM, TurboTas said:

Hi there Scotty - 

Do you have any resources you could recommend or would you be prepared to share your work as a start for ten for me - I have a TAZ6 I'd love to use with proper CURA?  If I bring in the current CURA LE printer settings, I get a big messy python crash.

Highly interested in this thread for a few reasons:

 

1. Like you, Twlum, we use both Lulzbot (mini2, Taz6) and Ulitmaker (S5 Pro), and streamlining to a single slicer would be nice to clean up process flow. 

 

2. Since Lulzbot is on the rocks, I don't forsee continued development of Cura LE. 

 

3. I'd like to be able to use the plugins available for Cura while slicing for the Lulzbots. 

 

Please keep us posted on cross-compatibility development. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Dump Lulzbot Cura?

While I don't have all the bugs worked out yet, I will post shortly what I have and am working with.

Couple of the features/capabilities I am working on

  • Am able to use 3.00, 2.85 and 1.75 filaments with the stock All Metal Hex Hot End
  • Have a few different slice profiles for a few materials
  • Have profiles for some different nozzle diameters as well

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Dump Lulzbot Cura?
6 hours ago, Scotty-G said:

While I don't have all the bugs worked out yet, I will post shortly what I have and am working with.

Couple of the features/capabilities I am working on

  • Am able to use 3.00, 2.85 and 1.75 filaments with the stock All Metal Hex Hot End
  • Have a few different slice profiles for a few materials
  • Have profiles for some different nozzle diameters as well

 

 

That would be awesome - I'd be happy to reshare if I tweak further, but to be honest I just want it to work 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...