I've converted an STL file to Gcode, but it's messing up

PDXSerric

Posted · I've converted an STL file to Gcode, but it's messing up

Hello.  I have an Ender3 Pro and last night it started printing out a test item fine.  It messed up at the end; the PLA didn't adhere and just made a stringy mess... I think that may have been that the room temperature dipped to 16c. Not sure tho.

Anyway, I've downloaded a popular image to try something larger out (attached)  It is an STL file but I used the latest Cura to change it to Gcode.  However, when I attempt to print, it does something weird: it draws a line on the fat left before attempting to print, then when it prints nothing adheres and it just ends up looking like a pile of pasta.  I have tried rebalancing/levelling my plate, cleaning my plate, cleaning my extractor nozzle - everything I can think of but it just won't print.  I am out of ideas and going mad.  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers CE3_Head_with_brim_high_detail.gcode

Ender_Mess.jpg

Head_with_brim_high_detail.stl CE3_Head_with_brim_high_detail.gcode

Posted · I've converted an STL file to Gcode, but it's messing up

It's maybe an good idea to check wether your bed is leveled correct. In most cases this is the problem.

You need first to heat up bed and nozzle to the temperature of the filament you like to use and then follow the leveling procedure with a little peace of normal printing paper (reuse old print paper) and make an additional test cycle when you adjust a hight. The paper should move freely with a little touch scratching to the nozzle on all 5 points within one level cycle.

Good luck.