oglo

Supports and Z-Seam Alignment

Posted · Supports and Z-Seam Alignment

Hi - new member. Oglo stands for oh great large one.  

Multi-year heavy user of Cura with no problems except the two following:

1.  Is there a way to delete individual supports?  I think I heard there was but might have been a different slicer.

2.  How can I specify the Z-seam using 'user-specified'?  Is there a way to see it, other than advancing the layer animator?  Sharpest corner too.

Other than those two things, I've been happy with Cura.

Here you can see the problem.  I thought that by adding a sharp corner to the back wall I could make layers start/stop there using sharpest corner alignment, but no luck..

blobs.jpg

@oglo - I've been wrestling with the same issues. Let's see if we can get to a resolution. 

@cura - Is there a plan on the road map to allow the user to remove supports? The support blocker is not working as of Cura 4.4.1. The z-scarring that pva supports leave behind ruins the great visual quality that the Ultimaker can achieve. 

When rotating the model to leave a face pointing upward, Cura also draws supports on top of the model, even when using the visual intent profile.

It seems that there is an issue with the Cura engine in terms of culling supports, since the geometry nor support blockers seem to block support generation in the z axis.