mcollins

Ultimaker S5 not detecting CPE+

Posted · Ultimaker S5 not detecting CPE+

When CPE+ is loaded onto the spool, the printer detects the material. However after about 5 minutes of printing, it comes up with an error saying the material has run out.

This error comes up constantly (i've checked the material isn't getting caught).

The printer also prints fine with PLA and PVA, the issue is only with CPE+.

Anyone else had this problem?

Had a similar problem yesterday with pla. Ive printed ABS before and didnt check my bedtemp. The pla gets stucked while contacting my 115° Bed - check your bedtemp. Maybe its to high

I don't think itis related to the NFC material detection feature that cause your problem; I did ran into the same issue before (with PLA) and it was the flow sensor that was causing the issue. For some prints I had to turn it off.

Clean the feeder, clean the nozzle, check the feeder tension. All can give the run out error if the flow senior picks up the flow of filament is not running how it should. Also if its a clear filament that can make it more likely to error also.