Printhead Settings help

CasaDelGato

Posted · Printhead Settings help

I don't have access to a SnapMaker A350, so I cannot help you with the values to use, but I can help you with the what to meassure.

The X min value is the horizontal distance between the left side of the printhead and the tip of the nozzle.

The Y min value is the horizontal distance between the front of the printhead and the tip of the nozzle.

The X max value is the horizontal distance between the right side of the printhead and the tip of the nozzle.

The Y max value is the horizontal distance between the rear of the printhead and the tip of the nozzle.

The gantry height is the vertical distance between the buildplate and the bottom of the horizontal extrusion the head moves over when the nozzle touches the buildplate.

Each of these 5 values is only used when you print in "one at a time" mode. If you don't use that mode, the values you enter here are not critical.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Printhead Settings help

Thanks.  That last one is still somewhat confusing.
I think it means that if the head is all the way down, so the nozzle is just touching the build plate, the distance between the build plate and the Gantry that supports the print head, correct?
hmm, on a SnapMaker, the Gantry is behind the printhead, not above it.
Might that be a problem?

Yeah, I probably won't use the One-At-A-Time mode, but I'd still like to have the values correct.

Edited by CasaDelGato
brain started working a bit more...

On 1/25/2020 at 7:02 PM, CasaDelGato said:

And I just figured out why it won't let me change the values.
    On my PC, the "-" char is being displayed as a blank, so I didn't realize you had to enter the values as negative.
    That is a WEIRD bug.

Yeah, it's a bug that is scheduled for our current sprint, so it should be fixed for the next release (4.5) if all goes well.

Here is the Snapmaker 1 settings, the printhead would be similar I guess on the Snapmaker 2.

image.thumb.png.20b18789d09cc71db13eb42bfa4f8b1d.png

These are the ones I finally ended up with for the SnapMaker A350.  Though I'm probably going to drop the "G28" from the Start code - as the SnapMaker does a quick calibration on every print and leaves the head in a known location.

Cura-A350.png

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, this will be very useful when my printer arrives.

It appears (at least on Mac), the printhead settings are still stuck at -20 and -10.  Any ideas how to fix it?

• Like 1

The problem with it not accepting positive numbers (it will accept "0")for printhead settings remains in both Cura 4.5 and the 4.6 beta in Win10.