VikeFan93

Cura Pause at Height Not Working on Ender 3 Pro

Posted · Cura Pause at Height Not Working on Ender 3 Pro

What am I doing wrong that my Pause At Height will not stop my printer during printing. I tried adding a couple of pauses in a print earlier this week and didn't realize that the post-processing carries over to all prints sliced after this, but none of my prints have executed a pause since I added these. Initially the first pause was set to 4mm and every print since then has been much taller than that limit so it should have paused for each print. It seems pretty straightforward from the videos I've seen setting this up in Cura, so I'm quite perplexed.

I'm using and Ender 3 Pro printer and I have Cura version 4.4.1.

Post Processing Plugin Window.PNG

It's perhaps still the same problem as mentioned here: 🤷‍♂️

Thanks! Now a novice question, how do I determine what layer is the proper height?

I have searched and found how to enter the value in the post processing, but I can't find anything that shows how to find the layer height.

Thanks for the report. This will be fixed in 4.5 according to GitHub. https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/pull/6690

20 hours ago, VikeFan93 said:

Thanks! Now a novice question, how do I determine what layer is the proper height?

I have searched and found how to enter the value in the post processing, but I can't find anything that shows how to find the layer height.

You can use the sliders in preview mode to scroll through layers (the slider on the right) or a single layer (the slider at the bottom). Use the arrow keys to move up/down, or ctrl+arrow key to skip 10 layers at a time. Input a value in the text box to jump to a specific layer.

755561680_UMS3_cube50x50x50-MattsMasterVersion2020-01-(1).thumb.jpg.fdb94a84d2ced142cbc27459f064771c.jpg

A (slightly outdated) video explaining this: 

Hope this helps.

Perfect, I just got my first print to pause and it was at the perfect layers!! Thanks for the assistance!

• Like 1

Good to hear you have a solution, I'll mark this thread as solved.