ewanoss9

Ultimaker S5 Camera Not Working

Posted · Ultimaker S5 Camera Not Working

Hello,

I have an S5 and I'm just starting to do longer prints which are lasting for about a day, so i was hoping to use the camera fitted in the S5. However, when i click on the little camera in the monitor section of cura the screen goes a bit faint. I then clicked on the manage printer in browser link which led me to cura connect and there was my printer with a video camera button next to it, so i clicked it but still nothing happened. A black screen appears with a small page icon in the corner or a cross. 

I have reset cura connect on the printer as some people have suggested but it still doesn't work. 

It would be nice to use this feature to check on my printer remotely.

Thanks in advance,

Ewan

Hi,

I am having the same issue.  Has anyone found a solution?

If a cura connect reset is not working then I would contact your reseller. The issue that the camera is not working after some time, is a software issue, but after a cura connect reset it should work again for the next period. If not there is maybe a hardware issue which sould be solved.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, ewanoss9 said:

It would be nice to use this feature to check on my printer remotely.

Be aware that is will only work on your local network. So you can use a VPN solution to connect from remote to your network, but not via the cloud. It is also not a good idea to open and forward the port on your router/firewall to the printers streaming port, it would be open for the whole world.

I spent the first few months trying to get my new S5 WiFi to work without dropping all the time. Finally gave up and cut a hole in the wall and hard wired it to the router, really wanted that WiFi, though! But seeing the boards were full of people with same issue, it seemed UM was not going to get it fixed.

Now camera is not working.... and I see the boards are full of the same kind of talk like the WiFi...suppose I'll wind up getting an off the shelf camera and mounting it in the printer with an app to my phone to have reliable camera. 

I am super happy with how it prints but these problems with basic technology that $300 toys do better with is dissatisfying.  Seems like the camera and wifi  were afterthoughts to the designers.

Wonder how smooth the new material station add on is working 😉