Need suggestions for Bed Adhesion on the Ender 3 Pro

DadOfThree

Posted · Need suggestions for Bed Adhesion on the Ender 3 Pro

HI Folks,

I’m a novice at 3d printing and have the Ender Pro 3.  Due to a busy work schedule, my planned upgrades are about a month away, (Glass Bed, Auto Bed Leveling, Firmware updates, etc..).

In the meantime, I’m having are hard time getting my projects to stick. 
Here’s what I’ve tried:

·       Using the paper method, I level the bed each time about in inch from each corner and I repeat about 4 times.

·       I washed the magnetic removable bed each time with warm soap and water.

·       I’ve tried using the glue stick method, but after applying about two thin layers, it drys, and doesn’t get sticky again.  (I tried upping the bed temperature to about 60 but doesn’t help.

·       I tried using painters’ tape to wrap around the magnetic removable bed with the sticky side up.  This sort of worked, but I wasn’t able to get the tape to lay flat since it’s only sticky on one side, so, the print jobs first lawyer wasn’t flat.

I would greatly appreciate some tips here.  😊

Oh, I also tried using the painters tape sticky side down, but that didn't work either.  There are so many videos of people doing this online, and I have no idea why?  The tape is a smooth surface, and doesn't stick at all.

What am I missing here?

Update:

In Cura Print Settings, under Build Plate Adhesion Type, selecting "Raft" seems to help for my current setup.  So, I guess I'm all set for now, and really looking forward to having a glass build plate.

Sounds like I'm repeating what you've already tried here, but besides using adhesives on the bed, a level print surface is a big factor. What's the Z distance from the bed? Consider adjusting it, it could be that the nozzle is printing too far and not getting good adhesion on the first layer. Consider using a brim as an adhesion method when slicing in Cura.

I have an Ender 3 with a textured glass bed that works really well by itself, just clean it with some isopropyl. Have found that it does like to be closer to the bed than other printers I've got.

Try simple hair spray. I'm using that on my ender 3 before every print on the glass. 

Since i'm runing 0.6mm usisaly ičm on 225 or 235C with PLA and the bead is on 60C

if getting your nozzle close to the bed doesnt work, raise the filament temperature, some brands need it higher, or raise your bed temp