Ultimaker Community Poll

SandervG

How do you use your 3D printer?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. For what purpose do you use your 3D printer?

• Professionally; I have access to a 3D printer at work
    • Professionally; I have a 3D printer at home that generates revenue, or assists me in my work
    • Hobby; I have a 3D printer out of sheer interest
  2. 2. Do you have access to an Ultimaker 3D printer?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What is the main reason you visit Ultimaker's community page?

• "I know stuff, perhaps I can help someone"
    • To solve a technical problem/issue
    • To learn from (other) 3D printing experts

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted · Ultimaker Community Poll

Hello, 

Every now and then it is good to run a little survey to get to know our community, who you are and what drives you. I've created a poll which should give us some more insights. If you have any questions or if you want to elaborate on any of the answers you have given, please feel free to write them down below. 

Thank you for your time! 

• Like 1

@vangard Please open a new thread to discuss your problems then we don't mess up this polling thread.

But short answer, take a look at the export settings here https://help.solidworks.com/2012/English/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_STL.htm and set a higher resolution.

Any further discussions in a new thread please, thanks!

I didn't know anything about 3d printers. I was on ebay one day and I saw an add for one. I bought it. I put it together it wouldn't print. I learned a lot of stuff real fast. after 6 months a got a real bad print off of it. I have changed a lot of parts out on it. added a whole lot to it. spent 100s of hours trail and error tuning slicer settings .

I could have probably got a good printer for the amount of money I've spent on this junk. I still get pore quality prints off of it but it's a printer it works and I have a pretty good idea of what parts cross to what printer and what is all the way wrong with these out of the box. 

I'm here to dream about buying a better printer and read about others experiences with printers. pluse this is one of very few sit4s that come up if you Google xvico printers lol. 

Well, I wish I had more choices to select for point 3. I could probably select all three choices, because that is what a forum like this matters. I had never ask an question here if I remember correct, but I am reading what other wrote and so I increase "my" little bit of knowledge with each visit of the forum. When I have a question I first search for it and mostly do find the answer or get an idea for the way to solve my problem.

The forum is for me in addition an source for new idea's and provides an other point of view for a lot of questions or solutions in 3D printing.

For point 3, I created an account to thank the creators of the plugins I use. 

Can we add "appreciation" to the options? 🙂

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, valerigoz said:

For point 3, I created an account to thank the creators of the plugins I use. 

Can we add "appreciation" to the options? 🙂

I think your appreciation is noticed! 😉 Thank you! 

18 hours ago, SandervG said:

I think your appreciation is noticed! 😉 Thank you! 

There are also some people (Like @ahoeben) who rely on donations to be able to build it. Soo if people can spare a a bit, that would be nice (But if you can't or don't want to, that's okay too. Appreciation also goes a long way!) 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Aww, thanks for mentioning me 😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Community Poll

Tengo una Anet A8 Plus, soy un jubilado de sesenta años, la uso como entretenimiento y si fuera posible para generar algun ingreso.

Me he unido a esta comunidad para aprender, ya que siendo solo autodidacta no es suficiente.

I have an Anet A8 Plus, I am a 60 year old retiree, I use it as entertainment and if possible to generate some income.
    I have joined this community to learn, since being only self-taught is not enough.

Edited by Smithy
    Translated to English

Hi

I am a 3D printer hobbyist at home.

don’t have any access to an ultimaker printer.

I am here to solve and learn about 3D printing

Professionally; I have access to a 3D printer at work

Do you have access to an Ultimaker 3D printer? Yes, I had 2 S5

What is the main reason you visit Ultimaker's community page?

"I know stuff, perhaps I can help someone"
    To solve a technical problem/issue