Starflashbully

Installation S5 Pro Bundle

Posted · Installation S5 Pro Bundle

Hello,

today I got my S5 Pro Bundle. My question now is how I have to install everything. Do I have to install the S5 only first with the normal spoolholder, update firmware and so on and after that install the material station with the air manager?

Or can I install everything together and the S5 will recognize a new Firmware and then also find its components?

Second question is about the glas plate. I thought we would get a second one with the S5, cause the alu plate won't come? I only got one plate.

Thank you very much!

HI

1) You should have two plates - contact your dealer and have them take care of it.

2) Best bet is to simply fire up the S5 (don't worry about spools etc), exit out of the intro print screens and update the firmware. Then put everything together. 

An alternative would be to set it all up, but don't cable the Air Manager and Material  station in. Fire up the S5 and do the same exit setup / update firmware. 

Bob

Hey Bob,

thank you for your post! I've just found another manual about the whole Pro Bundle on the homepage from Ultimaker. There it says every components could be connected, and then  as you also said, the setup has to be aborted in order to do the firmwareupdate. Then the components would be recognized.

So that could be an option, too?

Thank you very much!

Hi

Sounds like it should work !!!

Most of us got the S5 before the rest of the bundle. ( back orders ....). The way I *know* it works is to do it with the S5 by its self. If the manual says you can update after, then that most certainly should work as well.

Bob