UMS5 Frozen After Firmware Update

grantbloechl

Posted · UMS5 Frozen After Firmware Update

Hello Friends, 

I am hoping someone can help me out.  I updated the firmware on my S5 last night. This morning it was on this screen.  I powered on/off the machine.  Same black screen with the ultimaker logo. I cannot access any menu options and the machine is not connected to my network.  It's essentially frozen on this screen. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks

20200206_082820.jpg

First, check if there are logs on that USB stick written last night. If so, save them somewhere; they might become handy.

For how long did you power the machine off? 30 seconds is probably enough but in case you want to do it again, let it off for 5 minutes or so.

If you have no success, repeat it with both printcores and the spool holder connector (NFC) removed.

If it is still stuck at the same point, there is not much you can do and you should contact your reseller.

• 11 months later...
    Posted (edited) · UMS5 Frozen After Firmware Update

Hello.

I have exactly the same picture after updating. Unfortunatelly, I didn't look at the version, just reflexively clicked yes on a popup that asked if I want to update after boot-up. Twice it was rebooting and doing something with a prompt not to turn it off, so I didn't. After that once again it rebooted to a Ultimaker logo and nothing. After some 30 minutes I rebooted it manually (power off-on) - same thing. By the way, the flash drive that was in it during the process, has nothing new from it.

Please don't tell me I have to package it and send somewhere...

Edited by nru
    Added info about USB flash

Now that is strange.. While it seemed frozen on a logo screen, I connected to it via Ethernet from Cura and successfully sent it a print job. Now it prints it like nothing happened, while the screen remains frozen. So, I suppose I have some time until it runs out of filament 🙂 Unless I somehow manage to cheatingly change it without the screen

By the way, Cura reports it having firmware 6.1.1. I don't know the hardware version, but it's the old one, with robots on sides.