Cura MP10 settings

MarkAM

Posted · Cura MP10 settings

I just bought a Monoprice MP10 and there are no settings for it in the Cura software. Does anyone have settings that work for them? With a 300x300 bed, it isn't just a matter of using something that's similar.

Thanks, in advance, for the help and if I find anything, I'll post it here, too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found one by Dr. Vax and tweaked by AJ Huff that works wonderfully! You have to put in your temps where it says to.

G28
M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature]
G21
M82
G29 P1
G29 A
G29 S
G90
M107
M104 S[first_layer_temperature]
M190 S[first_layer_temperature]
M109 S[first_layer_bed_temperature]
G92 E0
G1 Z2 F1500
G1 X10 Y5 Z0.3
G1 X100 Y5 F500 E31
G1 X150 Y5 F500 E60
G92 E0
G0 Z1

Hi guys 
    And complement the post of @MarkAM, I leave here presentation of Dr. Vax where explain step and step on setting .

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10Two5vMClDXDwZXuJUp7YF1bjKibKQVjw1eilUuuLaY/edit#slide=id.gc6f9e470d_0_0

That's the DrVax one that I am using.  I finally have some success. I have not tried MarkAMs tweaks yet.  

Posted (edited) · Cura MP10 settings

It's very confusing to me that the screenshots in the user manual for the MP10 seem to indicate that there at least was a profile available in Cura 3.3, despite the fact that I downloaded that version and it isn't there, and I can find any mention of it on GitHub either... It's also odd that there's no settings file listed on the Monoprice website like for the select mini

Edited by BenBM1

11 hours ago, BenBM1 said:

It's very confusing to me that the screenshots in the user manual for the MP10 seem to indicate that there at least was a profile available in Cura 3.3, despite the fact that I downloaded that version and it isn't there, and I can find any mention of it on GitHub either... It's also odd that there's no settings file listed on the Monoprice website like for the select mini

I got on MP chat.  They directed me to their version of Cura (4.0.0.0) [I think].   I spent way to much time on chat getting the same answers that were not helpful (pointing me to different versions and settings).  I am done.  The hardware can be great... But the whole package sucks.   I don't have the time to dial it in.   

just a question. I just received my MP10 monoprice. but now it sticks to 4% every time i print. i used Dr. Vax start g-code. Does anyone know what the problem is. 

what sticks?

4% of what?

I don't understand.

the printing stops after 5 minutes printing. all object i print he only print first layer and the stop 

Edited by mtc2020

Can you show what it looks like in PREVIEW mode (click that near the top center of screen) after you slice?  Does that also show the print stops after 4%?

Please post a screen shot.

I talked to someone yesterday who said they were using the default profile for the Creality CR-10 on their MP-10 with great results. Might be worth giving it a shot. I haven't yet tested that out myself though.

Edited by BenBM1

What Version of Cura do you use? My Problem is that the Cura profile doesnt has the Monoprice MP10 on the list.

Thanks for soulutions

@SkyLorin as far as I can tell, no version of Cura has an  MP10 profile, despite what the instructions from Monoprice lead you to believe. I'd recommend using the printer settings for the Creality CR-10, they work on the MP10 without any modification (although I think I bumped up the print temp to 205)

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=34438

Right at the bottom of the page

I have found that Cura 4.0.0 for Windows is the only version that has MP10 support. For some reason they have removed it from all newer versions for Windows. While it says they support Mac, I've found that to be an inaccurate statement. I've tried using the Creality CR-10 profile with no success. Thankfully, I have a Windows laptop available or I would have sent this printer back. 

I'm now using the Creality Ender-3 profile in Cura 4.7.1 with great success

I downloaded Cura 4 (windows) from Monoprice mp10 info site https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=34438. I then down loaded the version 4 of Cura for Mac. On windows, there is a folder in the programs/cura directory that had the printer definitions  and extruder definitions. I copied the both the mp10 def.json files. On the Mac, I right clicked the Cura v.4 app and selected "view package content". Found the printer and extruder definitions directory and added the appropriate def.json files into them. restarted Cura 4 on mac and mp10 showed up. I tried this with Cura v.5 on mac and it did not work, have not tried v.5 on windows yet...

Have not tested a print job yet...

I'M still looking for an answer. The Creality Ender-3 profile is not working.