MikeCole

Material Station and resume print

Posted · Material Station and resume print

We just got the Pro Bundle, and are trying to learn the details of how to use it.

Started a 40 hour print, and it ran out of Orange PLA with 36 minutes left to go on the print. Came  in this morning and swapped in a full Red PLA as our replacement Orange has not yet shipped. When I get the material replaced in slot 1 and hit resume the printer starts up, but does not load the material, and reports it as Empty.

image.thumb.png.09c83855901fec1a0d2e627e3aabb06c.png

Emailed our reseller who suggested swapping the NFC tag, but that didn't work either.

image.png.4873e519ff244d8e15b4b944dd746894.png

The material station recognizes the cassette, but does not load it to the extruder.

IMG_2502.thumb.jpg.d11860bcb6731bd04d618e9bec1ab658.jpg

So how can I resume the print? I don't want to scrap the previous 39 hours.

Posted · Material Station and resume print

Try removing the PVA. As you have a AA 0.4 print core in slot 2, you get the incompatibility message. That message might block the NFC recognition. It's worth a try. If you reuse the NFC tag from the empty spool, use it in a different bay than the one that spool was emptied.