Materialstation Firmware

Starflashbully

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited) · Materialstation Firmware

That issue is in the top 30~ish

So right now you have version 5.4.x and it looks like 5.5 will be released soon, we're talking about releasing 5.6 soon afterward. This has not been fixed yet so I'd expect it in 5.7 or later. If you have need of this I would suggest contacting your reseller support.

With regard to the material station we have been working on reducing unrecoverable errors, making the whole process faster, fixing bugs, etc.

Edited by robinmdh
indicat I'm only speaking for the material station team.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted · Materialstation Firmware

The coming update finishes the air-manager integration,, it's out NOW!

Here's a copy of the release notes:

# Release 5.5.12

Firmware 5.5.12 brings functional improvements and bug fixes:

- Users can manually reset the lifetime counter of the Air Manager filter after replacing it
- To prevent any damage, Ultimaker S5 stops when having communication issues with the Air Manager
- Improved reliability when unloading material to the Material Station (ER61)
- Ultimaker S5 guide the user through the process of Air Manager Filter Replacement
- Air Manager set up steps are now present in the Welcome wizard

For full release notes, visit **Ultimaker.com/firmware**

## How to update

Users running firmware 5.1.94 or newer can update directly to 5.5.12. When running an older version than 5.1.94, make sure to update to the stepping stone firmware 5.1.94 first.

For more information, go to **Ultimaker.com/firmware**

On 2/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, robinmdh said:

# Release 5.5.12

- Users can manually reset the lifetime counter of the Air Manager filter after replacing it
    - To prevent any damage, Ultimaker S5 stops when having communication issues with the Air Manager
    - Ultimaker S5 guide the user through the process of Air Manager Filter Replacement

## How to update

Users running firmware 5.1.94 or newer can update directly to 5.5.12. When running an older version than 5.1.94, make sure to update to the stepping stone firmware 5.1.94 first.

Was Ultimaker Connect edited as mines now showing time left on a print and not a day/time when it would be done (On PC Browser) I find it helpful to know at when time a print will be ending so i know if i need to tweak the speed so it ends before i go work/bed.

1147734321_Screenshot2020-02-28at13_58_18.thumb.png.29f3363dd3b73414797971250b6b70ef.png

Used to be like: Finishes Friday 18:50

Ultimaker Connect received the following updates (we forgot to include those in the on-screen release notes, sorry for that):

• Print jobs sent via cloud now show print job preview images in the cloud as well
    • Remove authentication tokens for guest printer when removing it from cluster
    • Fix printer disconnecting from cloud when sending an unknown material
    • Fix crash when SSL errors occur when sending anonymous analytics
    • Fix timestamp formatting for print jobs that take longer than a week to finish
    • Several bug fixes that were carried over from the last S3 firmware update

So apart from Material Station and Air Manager updates, there's more reason to update your printer. In general each release contains many smaller bug fixes.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:05 PM, robinmdh said:

# Release 5.5.12

## How to update

Hi

I had an ER61 yesterday after 3 days print about that the material couldn’t be unloaded and the whole print was aborted. This was due to that the printer should change material but could not unload the material and then aborted the print and confirmed it as finished.

Printer was updated this Friday with latest firmware before starting the print.

Could you please check I think the printer could wait for correcting actions and then continue to print otherwise it’s very dangerous to print big prints with automatic filament change?

8 hours ago, Oornhed said:

Hi

I had an ER61 yesterday after 3 days print about that the material couldn’t be unloaded and the whole print was aborted. This was due to that the printer should change material but could not unload the material and then aborted the print and confirmed it as finished.

Could you please check I think the printer could wait for correcting actions and then continue to print otherwise it’s very dangerous to print big prints with automatic filament change?

We've been working on that all of last week, it's almost finished. We will now catch this earlier and allow the user to fix it, it will still PAUSE the print as in that case the break failed, so the printer can't detach the filament from the printhead and it will need the user to help before it can continue.  It is likely this will be in the next firmware update, 5.6.x. The exact contents of that update is still TBD (To Be Determined) so I'm not 100% sure.