Ultimaker Cura Marketplace blocked by company firewall

mkaj2019

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura Marketplace blocked by company firewall

My Ultimaker Cura Marketplace is blocked by our company firewall. 

Our companies IT department told me that they will add a proxy exception, if they have the "in software web address of the market place" respectively some connection information.

Can somebody maybe provide me with this info? 

marketplace.PNG

Edited by mkaj2019

Posted · Ultimaker Cura Marketplace blocked by company firewall

My IT department has now opened the connection to api.ultimaker.com but it still does not work.

I can see the marketplace now but the icons/pictures are not loading and if I click on the a material download nothing is happening. Could you please tell me also the links for icons/images and the connection for the download buttons?

marketplace02.PNG

marketplace03.PNG

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to bother you again. My IT department has now whitelisted the link https://storage.googleapis.com/ultimaker-cura-packages but unfortunatly it still does not work. Still no pictures and still no download possible.

They also do not want to whitelist the whole https://storage.googleapis.com

Are there maybe more links needed for the whitelist?

Hi,

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work with that URL whitelisted. Does your IT admin have some kind of network logging to see which requests are being blocked?

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura Marketplace blocked by company firewall

Network logging is a little bit difficult. We have about 400 Employees at our headquarter. There is too much traffic, it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. 

Edited by mkaj2019

If you can't connect to the download location this won't help getting profiles into cura, but fyi you can browse the marketplace directly (materials and plugins) ;

https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/materials

https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins

Using the external marketplace also does not work, I have tried that before. If I click on install it shows me that it was added to Cura. But the material is still missing in Cura. Do I need to connect Cura to the Ultimaker Cloud to get this working? I can't connect to the Ultimaker Cloud this is also blocked by the company firewall. 

cura.JPG

In order to succesfully use Ultimaker's online services, you should whitelist the following list of domains:

account.ultimaker.com

mycloud.ultimaker.com

marketplace.ultimaker.com

contribute.ultimaker.com

api.ultimaker.com

storage.googleapis.com

And yes, you'll need to sign in in Cura with your Ultimaker Account in order to synchronize marketplace items from web to Cura.