Greetings,

I have an Ultimaker s5 with the Air Handler and Material station. Let me start off by saying what a fantastic 3d print system this is.  You all did a fantastic job on it. The build quality is outstanding.

I am running into an issue though that I would love some help with.

I am consistently seeing the ER998 on the touch screen display when printing.  It does not appear to effect the print but requires the s5 to be turned off and turned back on again after the print is complete. It seems to happen only on print jobs lasting more than 7 or so hours. It also seems to be cumulative, meaning if I print several 1.5 to 2 hour print jobs, about the 4 print job will result in the ER998.

I have filed a support ticket and uploaded many diagnostic logs from the s5 but have received no word on if the dev team has been able to make use of the logs or narrow down the issue.

Do you have any updates on this issue or know when a new firmware release will be available?

Note: I am running the latest firmware 5.24.7 as of this writing 2020-02-23.

Thanks so very much

I don't have the material station or air handler, but it I get it frequently too.  I hope it gets fixed with the next firmware.

Ben

Hi

I've run a lot of prints longer than 8 hours and never seen that error on my S5 / material station.

Bob

Hi all,

We are working in order to solve these ER998 instances that appear with both standalone S5s and with the Pro-Bundle.

Using version 5.5.12 you will still experience ER998, but with less frequency. Our ambition is to be able to get rid of these ER998 completely in the 5.6 version, so please bear with us.

While 5.4 and 5.5 are necessary for operating the pro bundle, users of standalone S5's also receive some benefits: 

- Less blobs when printing at a high rate of segments

- More robust functionality when using Ultimaker Cloud

Miguel