Deutherius

Feature request - number of active plugins indicator

Posted · Feature request - number of active plugins indicator

Hello,

CURA 4.4 user here. Would it be possible to add an active plugin counter to the "hammer and spanner" icon next to the slice/save button (example in attached picture)? I run a script 100% of the time, so the icon that would normally alert me to an active plugin is always there. There is currently no indication (that I know of) that would alert me when I forget to turn off some additional plugin that I don't need anymore but don't usually use.

Thanks!

Cura_Plugins.PNG.3bb82aa6eac96f2fa216df67cf9b9b45.PNG

Interesting idea, can you post a feature request on GitHub? Then the devs can make a decision and we can track it there.

To clarify slightly: the hammer and spanner icon indicates that there are one or more post processing scripts enabled, rather than plugins. Installed plugins can be seen in the 'Installed' tab of the Marketplace.

Done. Thanks for the clarification - I don't use any plugins currently and got it mixed up.

Posted (edited) · Feature request - number of active plugins indicator

Well, technically... You have many plugins active, because most of the functionality in Cura is provided by plugins that ship with Cura and are enabled by default. Even the gcode postprocessing is provided by a plugin. This particular plugin will let you run scripts on the gcode created by Cura.

Edit: forgot to say I like the idea. The button could also have a tooltip that lists the currently active script(s) so you don't have to click it and open the dialog to know the active script(s).

Edited by ahoeben
  • Like 1

Merged! It will be in 4.6. Thanks for the ideas and contributions.

• Like 2

This is what it will look like (the pause button is provided by the Automatic Slicing Toggle plugin):

75591030-fd48b080-5a7e-11ea-883e-433d30e

• Like 3

Those paying attention to detail might see that I have also made sure the icons are now aligned in their buttons. That was such an eyesore. Sorry it took me since version 4.0 to get that fixed.

• Like 2