jmaxwell14

Poor Print Quality Cause?

Posted · Poor Print Quality Cause?

My company purchased an Ultimaker S5 for a job and we have been printing parts consistently for a few months now with the same print profile. All of a sudden, prints are beginning to be super inconsistent and most commonly coming out like the picture below. It is very important to resolve this issue as soon as possible as the deadline for the project closes in and we are falling behind on print time. 

I have tried doing (tons) of hot and cold pulls on the print cores. I have also switched the print cores out with replacements and run into the same issue. We currently have a new set of print cores on order and I am hoping this will resolve the issue, but in the meantime, what are your guys thoughts on what causes issues like this?

Using Tough PLA with AA 0.4 and PVA with BB 0.4. Infill on 20%, printing at 215*C,  print speed is 100mm/s, layer height of 0.25 mm. 

Poor Print 3-4-20.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• Survey: Understanding your workflow
      Interact with future concepts and aim to collect your feedback and opinion. In particular, if this would/could be a welcome addition to your 3D printing workflow. Interested?
      • 0 replies
    • Coronavirus: Let's do our part
      Through this post I would like to further explain what we are doing, and what you could be doing. 
      Our efforts consist of 2 layers. First; connect medical institutions and hospitals to (local) 3D Printing hubs to help them print parts of which a 3D model already exists. And second, contribute to design the necessary part and then have it printed via a (local) 3D printing hub. Experts are available from within Ultimaker and from within our network of 3D printing experts.
      • 53 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!