Peek 400°C not able to slice

kpat33

Posted · Peek 400°C not able to slice

Hi there

I tried to slice my file with the temperature of 400°C but cura tells my that my temp is to high. I own a Funmat HT which can handle this temperatures.

I have searched all over cure to setup the max temp for the nozzle but could not find it. How can i setup the right settings?

Well a quick work around is to realize that the bed temp only appears once in the gcode and it's near the top (first 40 or so lines of gcode).  So you could set the temp to 197 and then search for that in the gcode and fix it.  gcode is pretty easy for humans to read.

I'm not sure where this limit is - it's most likely in one of the json files but there are hundreds of these files.

gr5 thank you very much for your effort to help.

I know that this would be a solution, but i would like to have solution which is in the normal pipeline.

It is very annoying, if i have to edit the code for one printer while i am working with ten others in the same time. ;-)

Well if you figure out exactly where the limit is (e.g. if it's 360C) then you can grep (search) all the json files with a single command for that number.  I'll do the search for you if you figure out where the limit is exactly.

16 hours ago, kpat33 said:

I own a Funmat HT which can handle this temperatures.

How did you add this printer in Cura? Do you have a "definition" for it (a .def.json file), or did you add it as a "custom fff printer"? If the former, you should be able to change the maximum allowed temperature in that .def.json, but since it is not a printer definition that comes with Cura, it would be easier if you posted that .def.json and I'll tell you how to modify it.

15 hours ago, gr5 said:

So you could set the temp to 197 and then search for that in the gcode and fix it. 

That's a neat trick. You can automate it with a Search & Replace postprocessing script.

14 hours ago, gr5 said:

I'll do the search for you if you figure out where the limit is exactly.

The limit is 365. It is set in fdmprinter.def.json, but I discourage you edit that file because (1) it affects all printers, and (2) you have to make those edits again if you ever reinstall Cura or install a new version. The better option is to override the maximum in the printer definition you are actually using (provided you are not using a "Custom FFF Printer").

Hi guys 

I just configured it as a generic printer. no def.json ore something. 

Normally the Intamsys Funmat HT Printers use an older version of Cura. But this is to old for me. So i wanted to use the same version as on the other printers I own. Therefore I setup the printer in the newest version of Cura. 

"Custom FFF Printer" this is exactly what i used 🙂 

So therefore I would ask, how can i write a custom file for only this printer? And where can i edit/replace/copy a file to do so.

I found following json on the outdated Intamsuite software for the Funmat HT.

But I can't find any information on the maximal nozzle temperature.

Can you help?

funmatht.def.json.zip

That definition is a bit dinky, but it works I guess. It should have an extruder definition, but that's a topic for a different discussion.

Add the following lines below the line that has the "chamber_temperature" in it (line 106):

"default_material_print_temperature": { "maximum_value": "450" },
            "material_print_temperature": { "maximum_value": "450" },
            "material_print_temperature_layer_0": { "maximum_value": "450" },
            "material_initial_print_temperature": { "maximum_value": "450" },
            "material_final_print_temperature": { "maximum_value": "450" },
            "material_standby_temperature": { "maximum_value": "450" },

Obviously, if you want another maximum value than 450, change that value.

• Like 3

Wow thank you very much! I will try this asap.

Didn't work.

It seams that the material is not the only case. It fills in 400°C but the it is still red. There must somthing be like Machine max temp settings somwhere!?

4 hours ago, kpat33 said:

but the it is still red.

Red or orange? If orange, Cura should still slice ok. Red is an error, which blocks slicing. Orange is a warning, and warnings are not blocking. If you want to be rid of the orange warning, you also have to increase the "maximum_value_warning":

"default_material_print_temperature": { "maximum_value_warning": "400", "maximum_value": "450" },
        "material_print_temperature": { "maximum_value_warning": "400", "maximum_value": "450" },
        "material_print_temperature_layer_0": { "maximum_value_warning": "400", "maximum_value": "450" },
        "material_initial_print_temperature": { "maximum_value_warning": "400", "maximum_value": "450" },
        "material_final_print_temperature": { "maximum_value_warning": "400", "maximum_value": "450" },
        "material_standby_temperature": { "maximum_value_warning": "400", "maximum_value": "450" },

Unfortunately, the dinky definition you uploaded is rather incomplete, so I cannot test with that.

Ok thanks.

I will try and if it does not work I will give a less dinky answer with some more suffisticated informations 😉